Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Just need to vent

I leave in an apartment building and they are doing work in the front yard ears 9just outside my window) they have been very good at being quiet.
    Wouldn't you know it, I get all the kids to sleep for nap time and bang. They start banging and drilling in the wall. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRR

my dcg is sleeping right through it all. My two boys, hit the ceiling at the first bang

Could someone please tell me WHY they had to wait until quiet time to be loud.

Starting to feel at home...
    Can you complain? I would complain....hoping they would understand and try to work more quietly in the early afternoon. I know it may not fix the problem but at least you tried, right?!
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang

they are outside contractors. I just talked to them. They are so sorry, but they need to get the work done today so they will not be stopping. So at least it only today. Complaining to the building management is like talking to a brick wall.

Oh I can empathize ... I have gone through two major renovations IN my house while trying to operate my home childcare and yes when you are paying them to get a job done they need to do it 'all day' and cannot work around naps or what not ... what worked for me was to turn the sleep time Solitudes music up a wee bit louder so that it was the consistent 'white noise' and the hammering and so forth just became part the 'beat' of the music
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Don't worry, kids can sleep through anything when they are really tired Valerie. I live in an apartment and my living room is my toyroom and also my sleep room and the summer they reroofed my living room the children slept through their entire 2 hours as usual. I was flabbergasted!

Shy
    Something similar happened to me last year. They would putz around all morning at my complex and when it was nap time boom out comes the jack hammer. One time they even shut off the water and we didn't even get notice. I had no formula premade for the baby and boy was I mad. The foreman sure got an ear full that day! lol