Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Free on-line developmental checklists

After another post yesterday it got me thinking about developmental checklists and how useful they can be. Reggio mentioned Ndds, which I looked into and LOVE. I just can't help but think that there has to be something equal to this online that's free. Anyone know of any? I googled and couldn't really find anything.

Thanks!

Nippisng is FREE in Ontario ~ at least they use to be? You can get them at any OEYC. If they are charging in other provinces for it send me your email address and I will forward you the PDF versions I have.

Also the Ontario Early Learning Framework has a developmental continum that is FREE as well
    http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/oelf/
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    yeah, you can either buy packs for each age group 100 for $8 or a pocketbook for $25. I'm in Quebec. It would take a lifetime to ever need 100 in each age group. I would really appreciate if you sent that to me. I'll message you my email address. SO appreciated. I think that this is a great tool that I want to use in my program!

When I brought NDD up in the other thread, it was specifically for a caregiver with question marks about a childs development and possible delays. The checklists are definitely free. You register and download for free so you don't even have to go anywhere to get them. As you are in Quebec it kind of makes sense that there may be a minimal charge for out of province access. I am glad you found my information helpful and feel free to contact me with your email address and I can forward them to you from age 6 mths to 4 years

Outgoing
    oh yeah...sorry, it was bright sparks that put up that link....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    and I still couldn't do it, so I checked in the FAQ and it can only be downloaded in Ontario, but not to worry, Reggio hooked me up. I just need my hubby to help me open and print....it's being all weird...but at least I have it now. Thanks. Can't wait to start using this awesome tool!

Glad to be able to recommend it to others. I find it very helpful

Euphoric !
    I have printed out the Nippissing assessment forms before but find them too general and vague. I never used them because I was hoping they would be more in depth. I find daily chats with the parents effective.

Outgoing
    Could I also have it please? Thanks

Cocoon, send me a message with your email and I will forward them to you