My DCG (almost 3yrs old) is having trouble getting her pants down in time and ends up getting her pants wet. My son did too, so now I put only loose pants and no underwear on him and that worked like a charm. I've asked parents for loose pants for DCG and that some times does happen, but most times not (and there's still the issue of the underwear). They are a wonderful family, the kind of family that once in awhile throws in an extra $20, or a gift card 'just because'. But, they like to put her in these tights and tiny little girl underwear. My challenge is that once they've transitioned from the potty in the playroom (DCG refuses to use it any longer); my bathroom is a couple stairs up from my playroom. I position myself at the top of those stairs so I can both see them 10 steps away in the bathroom and the playroom below. I have 2 options...is it right to request the loose pants/no underwear thing that worked so well with my son? Or, do I just pull what she currently wears down for her at the top of the stairs (but I want her to be able to do this herself). At home, she insists that her parents company her on each trip to the bathroom and they adjust her clothing themselves. She is an extremely strong willed child that has her parents completely trained (eg., they no longer use the word "no" or any negative reinforcement at home, only redirection because she has incredible tantrums if told "no")...Mom & Dad admit that they are completely exhausted by this child. Thank goodness she's realized none of that flys here (the tantrums started here; within 2 days of me totally ignoring it, gone...I haven't seen one since). She really is a dream child for me.