Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prolly gonna get an ear full, but that's alright I guess

My daycare told me that I am welcomed to stay but she is going to start interviewing eithier for another person to fill the days my son is not there (and just promise me the days I normally come) or for a full time person, and then my notice will be given. I told her I didn't like signing that agreement and that was her answer....

She told me with kind of a cold tone that she went through my hours with me and showed me it would cost less, and she said "frankly you are paying more to stay casual and I just don't see the sense in it. For the past three months you have been paying an average of $400 for your care. But it's up to you" Then she said goodnight helped me with my son, and we left.

I guess I feel kinda jilted because I was her first client, and I have never been late with payment, Even though I didn't like her rules sometimes I always did what she asked, but you all are prolly gonna tell me that I should just suck it up and pay or something...But I just don't know what I am working, and my boyfriend doesn't see the sense of paying for a maybe....I sorta don't eithier, but I sorta do...

I think I screwed things up.
    Last edited by 1kidmama; 11-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

so, your provider told you that you either need to pay for full care or she will fill your spot?
    You may want to consider looking for care elsewhere then...you never know, sounds like she might be willing to let you go all together once she finds someone with more pay. If, I were her I would try to work another family around you, due to the fact that you have been there since the beginning. However daycare is a business just like any other, if she is giving you a really good deal she could have realized how much income she is losing by keeping your part time and not taking a full timer. Is there any way you can meet in the middle?
    I'm assuming the issue is: you have a part time schedule but it changes sometimes? Is she charging you for the days only, no minimum required? maybe she is losing too much money due to the fact there is no schedule to rely on?

She said she would try to find another family to fill the days I am not there...She asked me to sign a perm part time care contract for $350 per month

Starting to feel at home...
    How much do you pay for the days that you use? How often does your child go?

She charges $40/ day and I go an average of two days/week aometimes 3 but very rare though

I'm just trying to understand the picture. You currently pay about $320/month, maybe more if you go more days and she wants you to sign a contract for $350 a month for how many days? Because as you said, you sometimes pay $400, but she's offering you $350, so I'm not sure why you're unhappy with that. Are there terms in the contract that you don't like?

I think the fact that she's given you the options, she's just covering her ass! Like others have said in your other thread: this is our income, and when we don't get paid, we can't make our own bills!

Please remember this: This is a business. We never know when a client is going to come or go, so we have to cover ourselves, and that is why we have manuals and contracts.

If I were you, I'd either pay the $350/month, and have guaranteed days, or just look for care elsewhere. BUT....I don't think you're going to find much leeway elsewhere. JMO.

I agree with jazmic, just calculated it as well and that 320 is only for a four week month a lot of months have closer to 5 fulls weeks which would be more like a 400$ a month charge. Is it just because you dont want a contract or does the contract have a length of time. one full year? You would think you would be saving a little money, if you go with her idea. OR do you need varying days and she is not offering that?

Its 3 full days, and days like up to 10 hours.... But some months I may not need her at all...

She's charged me extra because sometimes he stays for 12 hours
    Last edited by 1kidmama; 11-08-2012 at 11:15 AM.

I see. I empathize with you not wanting to pay for care you don't use, but you also have to understand where she's coming from. Most people have jobs that pay benefits and all that so they are covered in ways daycare providers are not. If you don't use her at all for a month, then that means she doesn't have $320 to help cover her own bills. And if she doesn't know in advance that that's going to be the case, then that leaves her in a tight spot. If your employer did that to you, I'm sure you wouldn't like it either. So unfortunately, it looks like you have a decision to make where you try to find casual care elsewhere or sign her contract.