Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

apples and bananas

Would you tell your clients...

If you were about to be involved in a custody case (your spouses kids, not yours) would you tell your clients?

It may mean that once this is all over I will have my step kids here more often. But that won't happy for a while. I'm sure this case will draw out for a while.

No, your personal business. When all is resoloved you might want to acknowledge the kids are with you, but the how and why I wouldn't get into it.

Euphoric !
    Yeah, I wouldn't feel that it is any of their business at all. When and if your step-children start being in your home more often, if it is during daycare hours, then yuo can mention that, but you don't need to tell them why or give details. This is your personal life!

its only their business, if you want to make it their business. Personally I wouldn't say anything, clients are like customers in a store, they don't need to know your personal life. JMO
    Last edited by BlueRose; 11-08-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie E. M-C View Post
    its only their business, if you want to make it their business. Personally I wouldn't say anything, clients are like customers in a store, they don't need to know your personal life. JMO
    Well put valerie - I agree totally with you. Clients don't need to know personal details (especially complicated stuff) about my life.

I suppose nearer the end of everything, you could make a comment in passing that the kids might be around more, but if they are already a part of the daycare at times, I don't think anything needs to be said. Good luck with everything!

Euphoric !
    Agree with all above posters

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Agreed ~ we have had times where it looked like my stepson might be coming full time with us and I did not feel the need to inform clients of this pending change until it was well 100% a sure thing and than if I had shared it it would have only been out courtesy / excitement about that change not their need to know this as it does not change or impact my business in anyway.

My stepdaughter also lived with us full time for many months and again it was just shared in a 'oh by the way if you see a tall blonde wondering around that is our grown child ~ she's moved home to get back temporarily' .... they do not need to know details but did share the change to be proactive to concern should a client see what to them is a 'stranger' in the house at drop off or pick up!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    apples and bananas, I hope it all works out well for you. I've been married & divorced twice and custody battles are always heartwrenching so I'm just sending you support. I'm sure whatever happens you will handle but your clients do have a right to know about your family dynamics only to the point that it affects your daycare business and their children specifically.

Starting to feel at home...
    If and when there are going to be other people in your home when daycare kids are there, I would tell them about that. Beyond that, it's none of their business.