Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

When to present the parents with Policy and procedures.

When do you give perspective parents your Policys? I have an introduction sheet I give those who havent met with me yet with my references, prices and such.

When do you present the policies to them?

Shy
    I give them a copy to view with me during the interview process and ask any querstions surrounding them then. Once they sign I give them a copy to keep for thier records

Expansive...
    Usually I have my policies printed out and ready to give the parents at the interview and send them home with it to look over. They would then contact me with any questions or bring back the policies signed if they enroll.

I have emailed them out to parents BEFORE the interview on a couple of occasions where it seemed like a REALLY good phone interview and I wanted them to be able to prepare questions in advance to save time.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Most of mine are all basically on my website under the various areas to help clients determine if we are a match before we move forward in the interviewing stage and waste each others time.

I also go over them in 'general/briefly' as we go through the overview of the day during the tour cause they have likely read a lot of things during their research and might forget which ones were 'mine' ... so when I am in kitchen discuss overview of nutrition policies and so forth, when show them outside go over the policy for inclement weather and field trips and outings, bedrooms my quiet time policy and so forth.

And we go through them again with the word for word details of the entire handbook in case I 'forgot' anything during the tour before the contract is signed and than an electronic copy is then given to them via email as well as one is available my website through the 'parent portal' for their reference at home if need be.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

I have a policy page on my website.
    I have all the main ones in my contract and hand book as well.
    I also state in my contract :
    We agree to abide by all policies stated in the Agreement as well as all the policies that are listed on the daycare's website; valerieshomedaycare. weebly.com (hard copies of these policies available upon request).
    this way I don't have to have everything in my contract.

I also go over the main ones in the interview.

Outgoing
    At the interview. Everything is laid out on the table of what is expected from both sides so there is no misleading, miscommunication, etc.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitloop For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I go over the most important policies at my interview but don't give out paper at that time. After the interview I send a thank you, glad to meet you email and attach the contract, policies and medical forms so they can look them over at home. If they want to print them out at least it's not my paper and ink!

Euphoric !
    Mine is all in a package I give to parents at the interview - an about me page, a philosophy page, the contract, forms that would need to be signed and returned, page of references, usually a copy of my most recent newsletter, and a handout I found on learning that sort of goes along with the way I run my program.

We go over parts of the contract and I encourage them to read everything at their leisure and email or call if they don't understand something.

I answer any and all questions verbally during the initial telephone or email enquiry. If my availability and their needs match up, then at the interview I elaborate more and make sure I cover everything. When a parent decides to go with me and if I feel it is a good fit, then they come back to sign the contract. We both sit down and each have a copy and all my policies are in the contract. I read everything word for word, invite comments and any questions and then they have to initial each policy individually. I do this for every policy and I always dig for questions. I actually like it if they question me as then I have an opportunity to explain my reasoning for a policy and that way they are totally clear on where everyone stands. I don't always see the questioning as a red flag, but more the people who don't ask things as they tend to not give two hoots what I say and will ultimatly do what ever they bloody well please regardless. They then sign a contract agreement at the end of my 8 pages and I know they are well and truly informed of my policies and by signing, they agree completely. The people who then break my rules, know they have no excuses, and its clear to me that it is obviously just a lack of respect on their part for me and my business.

Euphoric !
    Brightsparks, do you have the parents sign every paragraph in your policies? That's what I do when I sign on a family so that my entire contract/policies are understood and read and they can't say they didn't read something. I then can say, 'According to your contract which you read and signed.............. '

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: