Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Activity Ideas

apples and bananas

Activity Ideas

I have a little boy who has had surgery on both of his hands. (14 months) He has been off for a few weeks to recoup but will be back on Monday in bandages. I'm not concerned about caring for him as I can plan to have him close and plan my meals around feeding him etc.

What I'm looking for are ideas for activites... He has no use of his hands... completely bandaged. He is getting along great and it really amazes me how well he has adapted. He spent a few mornings with me last week and I saw no frustration at all! If he has trouble picking up a truck, he kicked it gently with his foot! Brilliant for a 1 year old to grasp I think.

So, any thoughts on crafts, games, activites, songs, anything we can do without using fingers.

Thanks

Euphoric !
    Wow that makes me sad. Read lots of books, use lots of flashcards, go walking, sliding, I bet he would be great outside with mittens on without too much concern. Ask his parents about their recommendations. Forget about crafts for a couple of weeks. He will adapt his playing in your toy room as you already mentioned. Kids are awesome! How about games like Red Light, Green Light and What Time Is It Mr. Wolf?, Musical Chairs(or mats), dancing, marching in a circle, none of those things need hand movements. Wow, you are awesome apples & bananas to take care of this little boy.