Marie< thank you for being open and honest regarding your point of view in ALL areas, including lookinf for a provider who is a Mother herself, and has at least two years experience, that is your opinion and you have every right to look for that in the person who is taking care of your child. Although I know there are many providers out there who may not have children and do a terrific job (perhaps better than a lot of providers who do have children) I do understand your point of view on the subject and I too would have the same point of view if I were looking for a good fit for my child, I don't want to assume the provider can care properly for my child due to their credentials...I would want solid evidence, and what better than a happy healthy family. There is nothing stronger than the bond between Mother and Child, Until I was a Mother, I don't think I had the understanding of children and their needs, and being a Mother deffinately makes me a better provider. again,not saying those of you out there who don;'t have children arent as great of Day Care providers, but I do agree with Marie, and say, that is def a PLUS in my book!