I had a sib set this past summer. They were my first clients to sign on after we moved out of the city. They were only supposed to be for the summer, but when school rolled around, their mom hadn't found after school options for them, so I offered to have them here. This means that I have to leave my house every day at 2:40 pm to get them in the car with my toddlers. Sometimes the toddlers aren't awake yet, so I have to get them up, etc etc.

Winter is coming. I am already starting to resent having signed them on for the school year. I can only imagine this resentment growing greater as it gets cold and snows and I have to dress two toddlers in snowsuits, strap them in their seats, etc etc.

I want to terminate. I have no real reason except that I am absolutely not enjoying this arrangement. I have the opportunity to sign on another baby for February, after I let this sib set go. I feel guilty, though. They're sweet kids. But, to be honest, they're not worth the money. I only get $150 a week for them, and I have to drive 20 min round trip every day to and from their school. This is gas money as well as a pain in the ass. As I said, I didn't really think it through - I wanted to be nice to the family, and I didn't want to have to interview to fill the spots, either.

How would I word a termination letter? How much notice should I give? Should I tell them the first week in January for termination mid Feb? Or should I tell them now? If I tell them now, money will be tight over the holidays. That's selfish, but it's also my reality.

Any help would be great. Thanks guys.