Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Last chance, hope some people post

I'm just copying the email that Marbles (my friend Christy) sent out to everyone regarding the private (as in providers only) forum. Thanks. We were really hoping the forum would take off as it is WAY more secure than here to post on.

Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for joining the forum! We haven’t had a lot of movement on it unfortunately though and I just want to re-assure you that it is indeed a safe place for you to post. A parent would have to go through great lengths to find posts about you and they would also need to know your username. I wanted to create a place that is away from parents so that we could all post honest things without prying eyes and bad replies of parents (like what's been happening on Daycare Bear). There has been a couple of people who are trying to get things started on there but unfortunately if there isn’t going to be traffic of people using the forum, then there really isn’t a point of me keeping it up. I would love to continue the forum, as it’s the only safe place I know of to post without parents reading what I write. I don’t have anything to hide from them, but it’s nice to post whatever I want without worrying, kwim? Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that if there isn’t a lot of traffic/posts over the next 2 weeks, I will have to sadly shut the forum down (which I don’t want to do ). I hope all who have joined will come and help support the new forum and help get it off it’s feet and turn it into something great! Thanks for your time and I hope to see some of you there!

Marbles (Christy)
    If no ones is posting, she's shutting it down in a couple of days because there is no point in keeping it up if no one wants it.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

fruitloop, could you include a link as this is the first I have heard of the forum. Thanks

Outgoing
    Would love to visit it, send link! Thanks for the heads up too fruitloop

Outgoing
    Sorry, here's the link...

*just a reminder that if anyone new is registering to make sure you email her with your daycare info after you register. Her email can be found on the main registration page. She will NOT activate your registration without the email.*

I've registered and have sent my email to marbles also. Looking forward to hearing back and fingers crossed the forum will live on and grow

Euphoric !
    How can she check when someone emails whether they are really a daycare or not. As in what makes it more secure.

Outgoing
    I like other peoples opinion on the subject that is why im posting and i would want to hear parents' point of view as well as day home providers. To be honest, I like it here. Whenever I have problems(recently, I wasn't able to post I don't why) moderators or owners of this web site helped me. Beside, how would your friend know who is parent and who is provider? And aren't we all parents' as well as providers? Well... except me and when we post responses we post as a parent and as a provider.
    I'm happy to be here and I don't see a reason to go to another web site as I have always found answers whenever I need them on here so I dont find the need to leave. I would have leave this place if you asked me a year ago when I first became a member Good luck to your friend though.

Outgoing
    They need to give their daycare info. Like an ad, website, or a reccomendation from another provider (like me or another) who knows they are a provider.

I get what your saying Cocoon, but I imagine its more to avoid parent's who troll, to be negative and verbally beat up on daycare providers. I definitaly won't leave daycare bear, but I am always open to explore other opportunities too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Yes, no one is saying or even asking anyone to leave this forum. It's just an alternative, that's it that's all. I post here as well and don't plan on leaving either.