Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It is Acrylic paint from Michaels with a 'clear glass and candle primer' added to it ... I did warn parents to 'hand wash' if if they actually USED it for cookies but I gave it to them with the a plate holder thinking more to use for a 'decoration'
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    LOVE the santa cookie plate idea!!

I was also thinking of felt cut outs for stockings and they would "sew" the stocking & decorate it.
    I did this as a kid and my mom still hve my stocking it's a bit of prep but easy for my age group.

<somthing like this-------> http://crafts.kaboose.com/felt-stocking.html

Mine had hole-punched holes going around and we had to sew the two psices together then glued the white "fluf" on and decorated with glitter glue. Also our names were written along the side. (My brother had the same teacher 4yrs later and they did the same thing lol)
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Oh Alpha, I love those snowman jars!!! Every year we have worked hard to make gifts for the parents and then we make a big container out of a coffee tin or something similar and put all the crafts into it. Then I instruct the children to put the gift under their Christmas tree to give to Mom & Dad. I haven't really thought about what we're doing this year but it's great to get the ideas early.

Euphoric !
    I love the snowman jar idea too.

I usuallly get the medium size christmas gift bags from the dollar store and then when we make something we put it in the bag. They usually colour a seasonal picture each day too to take home as they don't like leaving crafts behind. I normally add a few items I have made for them too, a finger puppet or small stuffy or other trinket type gifts - seasonal but something they can use - love the christmas socks and wash cloths and stuff from the dollar store.

I usually buy placemats from the dollar store that we use for the month and then let them take home. Have also done trays or dishes to use and then keep.

As I said I do more that we can use within the daycare for the month to make it special but at the end they still get to take the things home with them.

Shy
    I am doing FOOTPRINT BUTTERFLIES.. Paint the bottom of the kids feet ( multicolour is fantastic) and get the seperate footprints, between the footprints draw a butterfly body, head and face. have the child decorate the rest.
    I pick up art canvas from the dollar store for this and I enlist the help of my 21 year old niece who loves to craft ( I HATE it).
    I let the butterflies dry for a few days and wrap.
    For mothers day I did the crayon melting art.. That was a huge success.. Easy to just make sure you use actual crayola crayons and not the knock offs.

We've done the Butterflies at Mother's Day ~ definitely a huge hit ... and agree that the multi color feet are way more striking ~ this one was our first try so next time I can do them I am so doing multi color feet instead of a solid one .... this one is a 4 year olds and she was way more meticulous at making hers than some of the others

Here is our Reindeer ornament from the one year

My computer crashed a while back and still having trouble finding all my photos and stuff but these ones were on my photobucket already
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi