Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    children can be inconsolable due to teething and if I sent every child home for every tooth they got that caused them issues, i would have no clients. I do believe that consoling a child is part of my job description. If parents wanted to be called to pick up for every little thing they would have chose a daycare centre. The extra love and attention is what sets home daycare apart from a daycare center. Well in my opinion anyway LOL.

Starting to feel at home... Serendipity's Avatar
    I agree with Judy too. I have a 48 hour vaccination rule too.

I also don't care if a child is cranky due to teething as I send home for anything that makes a child inconsolable. I do NOT get paid enough to deal with a child who is cranky, tired, whiney, not feeling so good etc etc....they usually want mom when they feel that way and I am NOT mom.

My job responsibilities are to care for well children.

It hasn't affected my clientele as I have clients who FULLY understand BEFORE enrolling that I expect the "parenting" part of raising a child to be done by the parents.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Serendipity For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by gramma View Post
    children can be inconsolable due to teething and if I sent every child home for every tooth they got that caused them issues, i would have no clients. I do believe that consoling a child is part of my job description. If parents wanted to be called to pick up for every little thing they would have chose a daycare centre. The extra love and attention is what sets home daycare apart from a daycare center. Well in my opinion anyway LOL.
    I agree with you to a point. But if the parents have medicated their child and a fever returns after a few hours they are not staying here. I will not be responsible for administering any meds except a dr. precribed med. If a child has a fever that's a symptom of a bigger illness like an ear infection and I stand by my fever policy. But yes, if it's just crankiness due to teething I suck it up too. But not if there is a fever.