Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Pictures of your dayhome???? I need some inspiration or confirmation..lol

My Daycare space is pretty much my living room and kitchen/dining area. I need some inspiration from other dc providers that have the same kind of space. Do you guys have some pics you can share? I'm very visual so it helps.
    Thanks everyone
    I've been getting back into the grove of this forum and it is literally saving me from quitting!

Dont have any pictures but do have the same situation as you. I can tell you what I do. Every week I bring out the toys from storage in the basement. I like to transition things so the kids always have a fresh a new pick of things to do each week. One week I will set up the kitchen area, the next week I will bring out the dress up box, another week store and another something else. they are always excited to see what is out for the week. Other than that, we take a trip to the basement each day or on request to pick a specific toy they may want for the day. I always have a bean bag chair and reading basket set up and a table and chairs everyday along with 3 drawer storage bins filled with building blocks and legos and other toys. Plenty of fun can be had with limited stuff. I do wish I had a seperate space but this seems to work well with the room I have. At the end of each week I spend my last bit on friday, clearing it out and getting my home back.

Euphoric !
    I have a basement playroom but I also have my diningroom as an upstairs playroom too. We took the long wall and put shelves on it 12" deep at the top and a bottom shelf that is 24" deep which the toys sit on for play. We also use this room for napping for those on mats.

Euphoric !
    My living room and dining room are my daycare space as well. I can share what I've learned helps me a lot. The best investment I made was a 6 foot tall cupboard with doors on the front that close out daycare in the evening and weekends and a big closet where I can stash everything out of the way. I rearranged my furniture so that it's in a square in the living room and the daycare things are behind me when I'm closed. I used to have it spread out all over the place but it's important to me to have MY space back on my own hours.

Shy
    Yah I think taking some of my toys out might be a good idea. I have two 7ft bookshelves and the bottom 3 shelves are dc toys as well as a hutch we use for our tv which is also used for toys, Then our play kitchen and such. but I have at least 14 bins filled with trains, potato head, blocks, tools, blocks, lego, miscellaneous toys (little people and such) puzzles, beyblades...blah blah blah. i guess it makes sense that i don't need all of them all the time.