Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Need Some Tea and Sympathy Ladies.....

I'm so hurt....just need to get this off my chest. I met with a Mum the other evening - I'm trying to fill a space in my daycare. The meeting went well, and I was hopeful that she would place her son in my care. This A.M. I got a nasty e-mail from her. My crime ? She noticed that my ad was still running on Kijiji. She will certainly NOT be placing her son in my care. (insert indignant cyber sniff here) When I tried phoning her to explain my position, it went straight to voice mail. I left a message explaining that until a parent signs a contract with me committing to placing their child in my care, I have to keep my ads up. It's a business decision and in no way indicates that I did not like them or their child. She also expressed (in her e-mail) a great deal of anger over the fact that I had a different headline for my ad. Again, I use two or three different ads since I find if you have the same ad, word for word month after month it gets stale. I told her that given that my name and contact information are all the same, clearly I am not trying to misrepresent myself. I am so frustrated that this would get under my skin so badly - the meeting went well and her son would have been a great fit. For her to accuse me of duplicity hurts so much.....

The kids are never the problem.....and this Mother?...you don't need someone like that!!! Close call, good thing you didn't find out she was crazy after she signed. Another one will be along soon enough.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Wow that's nutzo!!

For example: how would she know if someone was leaving your care in 2 months & you're looking for another child to transition at that point? Who is she to judge and jump the gun?? Crazy-Train for sure.....
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yup you dodged a bullet on this one !!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Kidlove is right. You dodged a bullet here.

I understand the position you are in. I'm trying to fill a vacant spot since August. And of course you would not take your ad down until contracts are signed. This mom sounds like a Drama Queen, too much work. Can you imagine trying to maintain a business relationship with this woman

BTW...Good idea on the Kijji Advertising. I never thought of that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

NEXT!!!!!

Seriously ~ do not let someone like that hurt you!

Good lord it is your business and you are within every right to continue to have an ad running until all your spots are filled ~ heck my ad on HERE is ALWAYS running cause I hate that stupid little star system on the bottom that IMO gives clients that subconscious thought that something is WRONG if they see it with a less than passing % ... so my ad is always up so my rating stays at 100%

Honestly signing on a client with that sense of entitlement about how your business should be run would only end in you being STRESSED in the long run!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

No sympathy, just congratulations for you just dodged a narcissitic bullet. M2FMama, I would never have responded to her email. The red flags are flapping all over it. You do not have to explain yourself to anyone who is so disrespectful. Next time, send her to the land of spam and save yourself lots of grief.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

You ladies are awesome ! Thank you so much for the support and perspective - I may just be able to tell my husband about this fiasco tonight without blubbing like a baby. Huge hugs to all of you, and hopefully a new, sensible client will come along soon.

Thanks Regio - your support and assessment of the situation means a lot. I've seen your feedback on lots of other issues and it always seems to be right on the money - I've used a lot of it myself !

Good point Mimi - it is disrespectful for her to jump to the worst possible conclusion about my reasons for advertising. =) What ever happened to giving people a chance to explain their side of things ?