Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Neighbour's kids...

The challenge with my neighbour's kid is looking out my back window and seeing them at home while I'm busting my butt taking care of their kid.....now, I know...it's my job, that's my paycheck, what they do while he's here is not my business...and it's not all the time. BUT I'm so jealous knowing that they're enjoying a day home alone! And then I see the blind go down for a nice afternoon nap (which coincides perfectly with then their kid naps)

It's kind of ironic because it annoys me that Im spending more time with their kid when they have to option to, but in all honesty I'm jealous that they can ship their kid off somewhere and enjoy a day off. Like most you out there, I don't know what a day off....I mean completely off is! Even when everyone goes home we don't stop until our own munchkins go to bed....even beyond. And they don't go anywhere on weekends, we just keep working.
    Sorry for that. I'm done!

Euphoric !
    Yeah, that would bother me too. Even though logically I know that they are paying and can do whatever they want with that time...it would get to me. I had clients who used to go home and cookd dinner before picking up their kids...it started to really get to me because I could see the effect on their kids. I wish they just wouldn't tell me stuff like that!

Outgoing
    oh, I know! I used to have one that would houseclean. Actually, another mom this morning, too told me that she was going to pilates. Sometimes I think they're living the life.

But I had the choice of that life, too. I chose this! And I pray everyday that it pays off with my kids!

Euphoric !
    It will...it will! I pray the same thing and I KNOW it will!

Quote Originally Posted by gcj View Post
    oh, I know! I used to have one that would houseclean. Actually, another mom this morning, too told me that she was going to pilates. Sometimes I think they're living the life.

But I had the choice of that life, too. I chose this! And I pray everyday that it pays off with my kids!

Outgoing
    I have neighbors like that too that sometimes work from home. I see them load up their kid, leave and then return 10 - 15 minutes later alone. The kid sits at d/c all day until the other parent is done work and picks the child up. I'm glad the child isn't in my d/c because I wouldn't be able to handle seeing that.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Outgoing
    omg! My next door neighbour is a stay-at-home mom who I see bring her kid to daycare EVERY morning then come back home until the end of the day when she goes to pick her up...actually, I have TWO neighbours who are stay at home moms and do this! Vive Quebec and $7 daycare

Euphoric !
    Ugh, I can't even believe SAHM's take their children to daycare and go home and spend a day alone. I had a client on mat leave who kept her child here part time but it was because she really appreciated me and all that I was teaching her son and she used short days, less than 7 hours usually.

Otherwise, all my clients have been working parents. I have one set of parents and the Dad does all the dropping off and picking up and sometimes tells me his wife is at home sick with a cold for the day in case I need her and I have to bite my tongue hard so I don't ask him why she didn't keep her child home with her, but I suppose it's best so he doesn't get sick too.

I try not to think about what the parents are doing while I'm caring for their child. The important thing is that they be there at the drop of a hat in case of vomit, fever, etc. if they are at work or at home.

Euphoric !
    I had a mom on mat leave who kept the older one with me full-time...and definitely now reduced hours...in fact he was the first to arrive and last to leave Then she started the younger one with me early because she couldn't stand being at home with him...she basically told me this So sad! Yet, I know she loves her kids and does her best in her own way. I just see that so many parents are so very ill-prepared to be parents...they have NO idea how hard it will be until they ahve the kids and then they have to figure out how to survive...and unfortunately these days it is very common and socially acceptable to just ship them off to daycare. I feel bad for the kids and our society in general....kids are being raised by strangers...no time for family values etc. Sad and scary to think this generation will be taking care of us one day

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Ugh, I can't even believe SAHM's take their children to daycare and go home and spend a day alone. I had a client on mat leave who kept her child here part time but it was because she really appreciated me and all that I was teaching her son and she used short days, less than 7 hours usually.

Otherwise, all my clients have been working parents. I have one set of parents and the Dad does all the dropping off and picking up and sometimes tells me his wife is at home sick with a cold for the day in case I need her and I have to bite my tongue hard so I don't ask him why she didn't keep her child home with her, but I suppose it's best so he doesn't get sick too.

I try not to think about what the parents are doing while I'm caring for their child. The important thing is that they be there at the drop of a hat in case of vomit, fever, etc. if they are at work or at home.

Outgoing
    When I was growing up my mom did daycare for a short period...I was about 8 years old and I can remember knowing how sad it was for the kids (I wasn't used to it..my mom had stayed home with us) and I used to say that I was scared what it would do to the kids and to society. I always said we'll see the effects one day....at 8 years old. And I believe that we ARE seeing the effects! This was 25 years ago and I remember thinking that way. I'm not saying it's the case 100% of the time...not every dck will grow up to be a psychopath, a drug dealer or have other issues....BUT I full-heartedly believe that preschool kids belong with their parents...