Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Where to find a six passenger stroller ????

I'm looking to purchase a six passenger stroller for my day care kids.....does anyone know where I can find one in the Greater Toronto Area?? I've looked almost everywhere on the net and can't seem to find one!!! Thanks!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/hotelpr.../strollers.htm

That's the site I have looked on for multiple passenger strollers. You can order them online

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyof2princesses For This Useful Post:

Scholars Choice sells a variety of strollers both online and if you go in to a retail store you can order one through them

http://childcare.scholarschoice.ca/c...lt/?q=stroller

Wintergreen is also a Canadian Company
    http://www.wintergreen.ca/productsea...px?qs=stroller

That said my regular 'beware your back' disclaimer .... human beings are not pack mules we are not meant to be pushing and pulling so many children day in and day out! I herniated my L5S1 disc pushing a 6 seater stroller when I worked in centre care when it 'started to tip' in a pot hole I could not see and in an effort to right the buggy ~ the buggy itself was heavy but when packed with 6 children it is REALLY HEAVY!

In my program if you are old enough to WALK you WALK ... the max I will push is a double stroller now and more often than not a single with all the others walking beside me
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have a six seater Bye Bye Buggy that I found used on Kijiji...a daycare centre was selling it. But I know you have to order them if you want to buy one new. I like it, but if I could afford it, I would buy a Runabout as they are much easier to push and go through any type of weather. However, I got my Bye Bye Buggy for a good price and it works well for my needs. If you keep your eyes open on Kijiji and other used sites, you may be able to get a good deal. I know a lady in Ottawa selling hers, but you are in Toronto (plus I am not sure if she has already sold it). Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    There was a lady that had listed her bye bye buggy here in Ottawa. She also has an ad up for before/after care so going to assume she is switching from the little ones. There is also a Quebec company that sells an adapted wagon - think built onto a dolly but it has 6 seats with seatbelts, storage underneath and a canopy and expensive. I have seen some try to adapt a garden cart type wagon with similar seating. Here is the website

http://www.mi-ni-wa-gon.com/index.php

9. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Depending on how big your six are that you are transporting I just used my large wagon and had three on each side. It had large tires and pulled not too badly. Use harnesses to secure each child to the side rails. Used it even with the one year olds - put between two older kids for added support.

http://www.toywagons.com/

Look for the largest 450 series. They are based in London, Ontario.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yes, she is the one I referred to...she has switched to before and after care only. Her buggy is only 2 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    There was a lady that had listed her bye bye buggy here in Ottawa. She also has an ad up for before/after care so going to assume she is switching from the little ones. There is also a Quebec company that sells an adapted wagon - think built onto a dolly but it has 6 seats with seatbelts, storage underneath and a canopy and expensive. I have seen some try to adapt a garden cart type wagon with similar seating. Here is the website

http://www.mi-ni-wa-gon.com/index.php

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelsMommy View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a six passenger stroller for my day care kids.....does anyone know where I can find one in the Greater Toronto Area?? I've looked almost everywhere on the net and can't seem to find one!!! Thanks!!!
    You're going to break your poor little back! Can you train your walking children to walk beside you with the backpack systems and the rope attached to your wrists? That's what I do and I only have to push the double stroller with the two smallest babies and all our supplies which is really heavy enough for my shoulders and back. I have 5 children, so 3 walk and hold onto the stroller but are attached to me for safety. They start practicing at about age 18-20 months of age and within a few months they are doing great. They even know how to hop on and off the city bus and we can go anywhere and do anything we want for fun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thanks everyone for all of the helpful tips ans suggestions! I never even considered my back....I do have 2 that can walk fairly well atm so I am going to re-think this purchase and consider something smaller or even the wagon idea! Thanks again!!

Euphoric !
    The advantage of the wagon is that the walkers can hold onto ropes - rings attached to the sides of the wagons - a ring helps them be just far enough away their feet can't get run over if they stop - or tethered to the wagon if you don't trust them not to let go. It means you can use the wagon even when they can all walk to carry toys and snacks to the park without looking silly pushing a stroller with a cooler in it. And it is easy to pop the slow pokes or those out of energy in for the trip home.

Canadian Tire and similar also sell a garden wagon that has mesh sides but you can get a liner for it. The side drops down so you can use the base for setting up snacks etc. We have one the kids used when delivering flyers and it was pulled loaded with paper through just about everything. In the snow it just sort of drags along as in the wheels don't end up turning but it still moves. It is cheaper than the wooden one. I have also saved a couple of pictures where people have built seats into the garden cart for use with the kids but I always preferred them to sit down flat and have more up their back for support.

I agree on the pulling/pushing. I have done it over the years when I had to for school due to my own kids but did not do school age once my own were able to go to bus on their own.

I now take them only to the back yard for the most part so we don't waste any time. Outside is supposed to be their time to move their muscles and they don't get that in the wagon or stroller. Even if you are going to the park if your outside time is an hour and it is a 15 minute walk there the kids are only running around for less than half an hour by the time you load/unload walk there and back. In your own yard they go out for the full hour and toddlers do not need a lot to have fun.

Besides we have enough birds, squirrels, bunniesk that come to our yard, a tree, a couple bushes and a few flowers, pretty much what you would see on a walk besides the cars.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: