Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Wink Having a very good day

Here is an update on the no-show family.

The family never called my adviser
    I have picked the 2nd family I interviewed. I just emailed them to see if they still want the spot. I gave them until 8pm tonight to let me know or I will give the spot to the first family I interviewed.

I also interviewed a third family. this family has a 3year old boy and a 1 year old girl.
    I emailed them today saying that I will be happy to take the boy full time, but since they only need pt for the girl I can not take her (mom has her one week, dad has her the next, and he lives out of town). The kids have different dad's. I told the mom that I will take the boy even if its just until she can find a daycare that will take both her kids (I wish her luck in that). I have given her until 8pm tonight to let me know or I will find someone else who would like the spot.

If both family's want the spots I will be FULL

I can not wait to hear from them. My figures are crossed.

Outgoing
    Wish it all works out for you Valerie !! Good luck !!

Euphoric !
    Congrats! I hope it all works out for you! I would have also given the family with two kids the option of paying for a full-time spot for the one year old. Some people are willing to do that to save the space. That way you wouldn't risk losing the 3 year old as they are a bit harder to find and I know you are with an agency and need to follow the age ratios. Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Whoot Whoot!

I agree with the sibling family .... good luck with a agency provider who is going to be willing to take on an 'infant' in a premium spot FLEX CARE method

I had a client like this back in centre care and they had to pay for a full time space in BOTH cities the kids lived in because they could not find anyone willing to take the hit on an infant spot ... they are so high in demand and we had a huge waiting list as much as we could empathize it would not be GOOD BUSINESS to take a hit in revenue when there was no need!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Valerie, my fingers and toes are crossed for you - wishing you lots and lots of luck in filling all those spaces and wouldn't that be great for the expensive month of December!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Well I will not be getting the 3 year old. My adviser and the mom Know each other so my adviser is going to help her find a place that will take both her kids.

it now just a little after 7pm and I still have not heard from the other family. I have called but there was no answer and no machine picked up. I will wait until the morning. If I still haven't heard then I will email the 1st family I interviewed and offer then the spot. I told all the family's that I would email them, that way I could give them all the info for my adviser at the same time. I hate waiting.

Outgoing
    I hate waitting too. I can just imagine how you feel right now not knowing. Hang in there !!

So 8 pm came and went, with no phone call. At 8:20pm I decided to try calling again, just in case they had been out all evening and give them until 9am today to let me know. This time when I called an answering machine picked up I left a message. With in 10 min. I got a phone call, They wanted the spot. it turned out that they where having problems with there internet connection and hadn't be able to get into there email. I am so glad I called. They will be calling my adviser today.

Since I am not getting the 3yr old I still have one more spot to fill. But that's okay, with 2 kids money will be a little taught but manageable. My last spot will get filled at some point.

Oh Valerie awesome to hear you are filling up ... that last final client is out there for sure!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi