Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home...
    Ugh! Boooo! I was doing some more research and saw that it's not suitable for kids under 2. My ds is 21 months and dcb is 22 months. Siiigh. Has anyone tried it for this age group?

I have had a dcm use it on her daughter a few weeks ago and she just turned 18 months. When I have researched it in the past, it seems that studies haven't been done extensively on young children, pregnant women and breastfeeding. I emailed the manufacturer about a friend who was pregnant a couple of years ago and suffering with a terrible cold, unable to take anything and they just said that they wouldn't reccomend it as not enough studies have been carried out I think its very much a personal preference.

Euphoric !
    A virus lasts 10 days to 2 weeks. When you have colds for a month or two it's because your immune system is low and you keep catching a new virus and when you get one on top of the other it's awful. So immune boosting is definitely in order however you decide to do that. But Mom & Grandma had it right with rest and lots of fluids. Thankfully, now we have echinachea and other great boosters.

Starting to feel at home...
    I went to the store and on the box, it had dosage instructions for as young as 12 months, so yay! I started giving it to them last night and talked to dcm about it this morning so here's hoping!

Shy
    Hello Ladies!!
    found Sambucol at Fortinos in the health section $19.99.
    Thanks Bright Sparks!!!