I think the snacks and lunches look the same here too but it is because they are made the same in that it there is a limit to what is in each catagory. For instance mine love pasta so while the shape might be different there are still noodles on the plate. The fruit well cut up pears and apples are both white, add in some cubes of mozzerella cheese and while a nutritious snack plate it sure looks boring but the bright pink and orange plates help. Same with crackers. Possible to serve cheese and crackers every day but using a different kind of cracker makes it a different meal. It is more the limits we have based on palette in that kids like things simple compared to adults who experiment with various spices and sauces and combos. Chicken is still chicken but we make it different each time for us. If parents would serve more of those meals to kids it would be a big help. On the other hand serving bare noodles and cubes of meat is so much easier to clean up that serving spagetti. I leave those kinds of meals for the parents to serve so they can follow supper with bathtime.