Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Do you offer coffee/tea and such during your interviews?

I was just reading some threads about interviews and saw that some offer the parents tea/coffee, drinks to the child, etc. I'm just wondering how many of you do this?
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

apples and bananas
    I don't. I serve coffe and tea to friends when they visit... not to potential clients. Quite honestly, I don't want to encourage them to stay that long. And... then you have the added problem of hot beverages sitting around while their child is playing. Nope, Straight to the point around here. I'm not building frinedships... I'm building a business.

Euphoric !
    I don't offer anything

Starting to feel at home...
    I only offered water. And even then, some didn't even drink it! lol.

Euphoric !
    No, nothing. LIke someone said above, I don't want to start off on an overly friendly foot. It is a business relationship, not a friendship.

Euphoric !
    I don't offer anything. I interview at 5pm usually and I want the interview to finish within an hour or hour and a half so that we have covered everything and have a good feeling about whether we will make a good match. But then I want them to go home to have their supper so I can have mine and get to work on all the cleaning and prep work things I have to do every.single.evening .

No I don't offer any refreshments or nibbles either. If I think their child needs something in case the parents haven't brought anything I will of course provide a drink and biscuit

Outgoing
    I do. When I first started it was suggested that I didn't do that but I find it adds some comfort to the interview. Ultimately, a family needs to feel comfortable for their child to attend care, and I think that this consideration says a lot about the type of person you are. Maybe it adds a bit more of a "friendly" atmosphere but there are A LOT of interviews you would go to out there who will offer you coffee or tea before doing the interview.

Euphoric !
    I do, and I also usually have fresh pastries or something with it. I like to start off with a friendly atmosphere as it puts potential clients at ease and offers an air of openness. I also offer something to the children if mum is caught without a bottle or something. I had an interview 2 weeks ago and another today. Both stayed for about 90 minutes, had a coffee and a muffin. The children played, the mothers and I sat on the floor with them and chatted about the daycare, motherhood, etc. Both commented on the connection they felt and the good feeling they had about the daycare and me. The first signed the contract on Monday. I'm pretty confident the other is on board as well.

I think everyone's different. Some people want the 'all business' approach, but others don't. My clients have always liked my personal approach and almost all of them have become close friends.....heck, I've even traveled overseas with some of them! That's what I like about this business....it's so personal.

Outgoing
    Ok, I never offer anything during an interview either because I don't want to be "friends" with my parents. I have never been to any sort of interview in my life where they offer you drinks/snacks during the interview. I was just wondering if I was the only one who felt this way or what, lol.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitloop For This Useful Post: