Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Having trouble finding kids??? B.C

Has anyone else noticed it is hard to find kids this time of year?.. Im in the process of being licenced. I should have it in the next 2 weeks..... Do you also find it is much easier to find kids when you are licenced.. I have been licenced not requied the last 2 years and found my spots would will 3 days after posting adds online

apples and bananas
    I am not licensed. However, I have never had a new client ask if I was licensed or inquire if I should be or will be licensed.

Now, I don't know if more inquiries come to an add that advertises licensed?

I think it may have to do with your area. You could probably charge more and get a higher level of client for being licensed.

Euphoric !
    I think the system is quite different in B.C. Here in Ontario, you basically have the option of being private, or working through an agency (the agency is licensed). I am from B.C. and had my first son in a licensed home daycare there, but I don't know how the system works really, so unable to help you there! I hope you fill your spaces soon!

Shy
    Hi, Im from BC as well and I completly understand. No one seems to be looking this time of year, I found most of them look in September for the last minute spots

Euphoric !
    Hi Ashleyw and welcome to our forum. People tend to procrastinate at this time of the year and in Jan. they go nuts realizing they are going back to work in a month or two and you get lots of enquiries. At least that's my experience.

Be patient and confident and keep placing your ads and good luck.