Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wish me luck...finally got an interview

What a drought us Daycare Providers in Southern Ontario have been experiencing

Finally got another interview set up for tomorrow. My last 2 interviews (7 or so weeks apart) where NO SHOWS!

I've been trying to fill this spot for 3 months as I'm down to only 3 full time DCK's and one part time, well actually more like a drop in

We sounded like a great fit on the phone. Let's hope she makes it to my interview at the very least. The best part. She never asked about my prices. Just wanted to know about my program. To me that says she is serious and not just shopping around looking for bargain basement prices.

Getting so discouraged over here. Give me good interview vibes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Good luck. I hope it works out for you

Outgoing
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Expansive...
    Move to London!! I have a waitlist a mile long here!!!
    Good luck with your interview, I hope she signs on with you on the spot!

A drought??? I think it varies a lot depending on your location versus the whole of southern ontario being the same. I live in Southern Ontario, but my area has less then 6 or 7 providers that I can find adverts/websites/listings for. (I keep researching this monthly to be sure of my competition) I'm sure theres word of mouth providers though. I get on average 4-10 enquiries a month, unfortunatly for me recently they tend to either be part time or late finish which isn't something I can accomodate. Last week I did sign a little boy up for September start when one of my current kiddies moves on to kindergarten so only 1 more Sept start to find and 1 January full time to fill.

Sending((((( Good Interview Vibes your way))))) I'm sure you will do terrific and I agree that when money or sickness policy aren't the first questions asked, it is more promising. Let us know how you get on

Knock em dead in the interview vibes coming your way!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

I agree feast of famine can been varied in the same 'city' depending .... in my city right now one side is famine and the other side is having to turn people away ... now if people were just willing to DRIVE more than 10 minutes for quality childcare than everyone would be doing good but people seem to want close to home or directly en route to work sometimes and will not drive the 5-10 minutes out of the way to get an awesome option ... one of the things that drives me nuts when I hear parents saying 'I cannot find quality childcare' ... it is not that they cannot 'find it' it is that they are not willing to INVEST in it
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

I agree Reggio. I had a family commute 30 minutes to me for 2 years before their kids went to school, just because they were happy with me and it was worth it to them. I always laugh to myself when people say how I'm at the opposite end of town to them...my town is a 10 minute drive from end to end lolol with 3 points to get on the highway which means whichever direction they are going in/coming from for drop off and pick up they have a quick option to get on the highway.

Other Mummy, wishing you a great interview. Before the interview go over why your daycare is so great, then with the confidence of knowing they would be lucky if you accept them, enjoy your interview.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Move to London!! I have a waitlist a mile long here!!!
    Good luck with your interview, I hope she signs on with you on the spot!
    Ditto, I know others in London, who had a really hard time filling spaces this year but I've been very lucky this year.

Good luck Other Mummy, you can do it!!!