Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GTA hours???

Expansive...

GTA hours???

Good afternoon lovely ladies!

I have just had to turn away a great client as she required longer hours for her commute. I was just wondering if anyone else in the Toronto burbs has this issue? Thanks!

No I don't want to do commuter hours. Used to do it myself and I was on a 7 am train and didn't arrive home till 6:30 pm. Since my hours are posted on my ad I don't get communter inquiries.

Expansive...
    Hi Mimi! Ya, I would never change my hours...I close at 5:30. I was just curious if other providers had people wanting crazy long hours! She wanted 13 hours! Hours are posted in my ad...this parent came because she is "hoping" to get another job before her mat leave ends apparently!

When I lived in the city, my hours were 7:30 to 5. Now that I am in the burbs, they're 7:30 til 6. I hate the late closing time, but it was needed pretty much across the board due to commutes.

Someone that I turned away suggested that I might never get clients if I didn't stay open 6-6...lol I'd rather go flip burgers than do that.

Expansive...
    Exactly Alpha....I told hubby I would rather work night shift at timmies drive thru then stay open until 7:30 (yes, that's what she wanted)!!! I don't mind long days....they just have to start early, I have to have my evenings!!

I have had people wanting till 8pm with an 8am drop off. She also wanted Saturdays!!! No thank you. I do get sporadic enquiries for 6 am to 7pm but most want around the 5/5:30 pick up. I am in Niagara Region so if people are commuting to TO then I can understand the need for longer hours. I actually dont work past 5 now. People enquiring for a 5:15/5:30 pick up usually end up changing their hours at work so they can pick up for five. Not everyone can do that but I have responsibilities as a parent and have my own children to run around for activities, have to give homework help and don't want to eat dinner later than 5:30/6 so 5pm finish is the latest I can do.