Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splat mat?

Starting to feel at home...

Splat mat?

Does anyone use a mat under their arts and crafts table? I want to get some sort of vinyl or oilcloth splat mat for spills. The room we'll be doing arts and crafts in has new laminate floors. I'd like to protect them from paint. Any recommendations?

thanks!

What we used to do in the daycare centers, was place newspapers or you can get from a newspaper place - is the leftover roll of paper - and put it on the floor. When the crafts are done, just roll it back up, and you don't really have to clean the mat!

Starting to feel at home...
    We also use a big roll of heavy paper. I reroll too, and occasionally cut the section off and let the kids paint/colour on it before recycling it.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Expansive...
    I use a vinyl tablecloth for painting. I keep one just for paint to spatter on and then Lysol wipe it off, dry it and fold it up again for next time.
    I do the same thing on the table during craft time too.

I make sure our crafts are done in the kitchenette where there is tile floor too so I can easily mop up accidents.

Expansive...
    I do exactly what Spixie does. I use one table cloth on the surface where we are playing and one under it.