Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Easter activities

What are everyones plans foe Easter activities?

We have a few paper crafts, egg decorating and an egg hunt planned.

Euphoric !
    Mine are very very mixed into the day in the sense of doing activities versus a lot of crafts. My gang have trays we use for eating our meals and I was into the dollar store and they had some Easter themed ones so we are using thoses this week for our snacks and meals and then they will get to take their tray home at the end of the week. We are reading a lot of Easter themed books. Doing a lot of egg themed things. Games such as I used a wallpaper sample book to cut eggs. I glued them to cards and they have to sort the cards with same or different so it is a visual discrimination game. I glued some larger egg cutouts to cardboard and then cut them up as puzzles. I cut a large egg from felt and provided scraps to decorate it. They love doing this over and over and I ended up cutting another egg so two could play at the same time. I have a set of rubbing plates and we are going to use those tomorrow to make some texture eggs. I will predraw the eggs on the paper sized to fit the plates. When they are done I will cut out the eggs and string them as a banner - staple to a strip of crepe paper. We have some plastic eggs with stuff in them to use as shakers for music and there are two of each so they can be used for a sound matching game but my group isn't too interested in something that requires that degree of concentration.

Expansive...
    Wow Playfelt...you have done a great job programming by the sounds of it.

We have done lots of Easter colouring sheets this week.

we also painted egg cartons sections (4 egg cubbies per child) so we could make little easter baskets using the egg carton and pipe cleaners. We will then fill them with some easter treats later this week.

And I outlined large easter eggs on a white piece of bristol board, cut them out and gave it to each child to decorate with glitter, poms poms, stickers and markers. They loved that.

And last but not least, we baked Easter cookies yesterday and tomorrow we will have cupcakes donated by one of the moms

Euphoric !
    Wow! Now I feel completely out of the loop because other than a bit of colouring, I hadn't planned anything! However, three of my kids are under 18 months, so they are too young to hunt for eggs or eat chocolate (I leave that up to their parents, but I don't want my baby eating it), so I think I will save the egg hunt for the weekend with my 3 year old.