Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Christmas gifts?

Do you buy gifts for the daycare parents? If so how much do you spend or what do you get them?

I make a 'homemade handprint gift' with the children usually an ornament to give to their parent and they help me make a 'photo calendar' by choosing pictures from the previous year together to use in it ... this is a gift to the 'entire family' from me including the child as a keepsake item ... many of my clients have commented they have kept them in their scrapbook / photo albums for their children.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Shy
    I don't. Not for the parents. My parents are so great that we may have to make them something.
    A craft activity and a present. Two birds. One stone.

Euphoric !
    I do the same as Reggio...a gift that the kids make for their parents.

apples and bananas
    I do a craft from the kids. A card usually with a handprint on it. This year the handprint will make rudolph. Still looking for a clever poem to put in the card though.
    And I'll do an ornament with their handprint on it, the date and name of the child.
    I also just did a great craft with a bunch of handprints upside down t omake a christmas tree. i'm going to let the kid decorate and if they turn out really well i may try to frame them.

And I'll give them a christmas card from my family to theirs and gifts for the kids of course.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

I make a handprint or footprint craft and usually frame it with the name of the child and the year. Lots of good ideas on Pinterest!

Expansive...
    We make lots of cookies and treats this month and mom/dad eat 90% of them so that's for them. Plus my gift to their kids is one less that they would have to worry about....so no, nothing 'special' just for the parents.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    The children save all their Christmas crafts and give them to their parents for a gift under their tree at home.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I usually do something small for the parents - I tend to give Xmas tree ornaments. There are lots of them out there that are just beautiful and they're fairly inexpensive - usually around 6 bucks each. Most of my Xmas budget goes towards a nice toy for each child (about 25 dollars)

These are some of the ornaments we've made over the years ~ my computer crashed last year and I lost some random photos so cannot find our Christmas penguin hand ornament

Reindeer

Snowman family

Santa face

Christmas tree hands have done on plate and as an ornament

Christmas photo cube ornament
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post: