Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Shy

I love my job.....today.

I know, I know, it is nap time and yes I just finished a particularly nice coffee break but I do love my job.

Every morning as I wave my daycare parents off I am reminded how happy I am not to be the one driving into the city on the winter roads. I am in my yoga pants sipping coffee. Able to get my own kids ready for the day at a casual 'ish pace. I am home when they get in from school.

I am entertained by the cutest children everyday and they all want to give me a hug when they go home.
    And people are always giving me money! I am just starting to get over that perk. lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daisy Duke For This Useful Post:

Yes, you have listed several of the perks we enjoy with this job. I always love the compliments from "outsiders" who tell me I must have alot of patience or they could never do what I do. As long as we remember the perks we can over come the days that are not so great. Thanks for sharing the positive side of our profession

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Agreed - I feel very blessed to be able to do what I do poopy diapers and snotty noses and all I love this job ... the minute there are more cons than pros I will retire!!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post

And people are always giving me money! I am just starting to get over that perk. lol
    . Haha! That made me laugh out loud!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks Daisy Duke ! I did not LOVE my job today but you know what I DO LOVE about it everyday ? It's no matter how bad the day goes ... I always can count on getting hugs and kisses and it ALWAYS makes everything better ... well maybe temporarly but who can say that they get hugs and love from their co-workers ??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
    Ok, sorry, but I have to ask you to NEVER, EVER say that again!!!!!

I love my job, have 5 wonderful families in care, pretty fantastic kids and I'm happy too, so I know what you mean. But I work so very hard and such long hours and if you sat down and figured out how much you were making per hour you might think differently Daisy, then deduct all your expenses and figure out your profit and you will look like this ->

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    [QUOTE if you sat down and figured out how much you were making per hour you might think differently Daisy, then deduct all your expenses and figure out your profit and you will look like this -> [/QUOTE]

Outgoing
    It is nice to be in control isn't it?

Momof4, sorry to hear that you are not making enough to survive but to tell you the truth the money I'm making with 2 kids(right now I have only 2 kids in my care) I think I'm earning enough to support 2 adults family. If I take care of 5 kids I think I would consider myself well off I don't know but I think there is good in fact very good money in this business. Especially, if you have child/ren and you don't want to work outside home.

Shy
    I know that it seems pretty perfect right now and you should definitely enjoy the good stuff but remember that you are running a business and it's really important to remember that the money should never be thought of as being a "perk". The money that you are receiving is money that you've earned by providing a service and it is owed to you. It's not a perk. I mean no disrespect, I'm just trying to help.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to alittlelupie For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoon View Post
    It is nice to be in control isn't it?

Momof4, sorry to hear that you are not making enough to survive but to tell you the truth the money I'm making with 2 kids(right now I have only 2 kids in my care) I think I'm earning enough to support 2 adults family. If I take care of 5 kids I think I would consider myself well off I don't know but I think there is good in fact very good money in this business. Especially, if you have child/ren and you don't want to work outside home.
    ok I HAVE to ask...how much are you bringing in off these TWO children that you can cover 2 adults? My mortgage alone is more than 2 Full-Time kids never mind adding in bills, food, insurance, craft & activities etc......
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast