Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    I have it right there in front of me and write things down...just like they do to me. I write all sorts of notes on the sheets that help me make my choices. I know what i want to ask them so I know what questions are on my list but I write it all down in front of them.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Outgoing
    I also have a 2 page form that I get them to fill out about their child when they register with me. This allows me to get to know the child a bit more before they start and also get to know the parents better and how they parent as well. I can post that too if you want.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I find most parents are receptive to me having my questions in front of me. If I have my sheet out in front of me, it allows me to jot down little notes while we are conducting the interview.

I have recently moved to having all my questions / information on my bb which I can quickly look through to help remind me of the questions I would like to ask. I don't interview enough to remember the questions off by heart.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Starting to feel at home...
    I usually write down their answers... When choosing between families, I dont want to make any mistake about hours or needs of the interviewing families.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc1982 View Post
    So when you're interviewing with these questions, do you actually have the sheet out in front of you writing down answers? Or do you have your questions pretty well memorized so you know off the top of your head what to ask? Just curious because I like the idea. I wonder what parents would think if I just pulled out a piece of paper with questions for them !! ??
    I think as parents we should welcome the questions that the day care provider asks. After all- we ask a lot of questions.
    In the end if the values do not match we should not be blaming the provider because we know what to expect. Even with all this talking, there are surprise issues that pop out. Children are caught between the parenting differences.

Euphoric !
    Often times I think parents forget that just as they are interviewing us for the positon of caregiver we are also interviewing them for the position of daycare family. I have had interviews where I just knew it wouldn't work based on the way the parents handled themselves at the interview or how they treated their child. Then of course on how they replied or ignored my questions.

Starting to feel at home...
    I totally treat it as a job interview, except I'm the one seeking an employee. I have my note book and questions out infront of me incorporate my questions into our conversation. I want my parents to know I'm not a babysitter, I'm a professional. That's how I see it

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    I also have a 2 page form that I get them to fill out about their child when they register with me. This allows me to get to know the child a bit more before they start and also get to know the parents better and how they parent as well. I can post that too if you want.
    If you could post your 2 page form that would be fantastic

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjule View Post
    If you could post your 2 page form that would be fantastic
    The list of questions is on the first page of this thread...

Outgoing
    or do you measn the form that they fill out?