Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Christmas Traditions......Outs ide of Daycare.

As soon as December comes along, I call CHRISTMAS!! I just love this time of year and love to hear what other people do to celebrate. Regardless of a person's faith, how do you celebrate this season and what are some of the traditions you did as a child and carry on with your family?

I'll go first

Being a Brit, I try to seek out a Panto each year. There's lots of imitations but unless it's put on by Brits, its just not the same. This year it's Aladdin and I can't wait. I've been going to Panto's for as long as I can remember.

I always put my decorations up with my family the first weekend of December unless it was the 6th of Dec. I think I would explode from excitement if I had to wait that long...yes I'm a big kid at heart lol. We (hubby and 2 kids), go and cut a tree which is a fun but challenging task as I am so extremely anal about these kind of things haha so my kids tend to play hide and seek while my husband tries very hard ot convince me on a tree that I just can't make a decision about

Lots of social get togethers throughout the month and then it is my son's birthday on Xmas Eve OMG!! That day is officially "NO CHRISTMAS ALLOWED"

On Christmas Day it's just the 4 of us. We keep all the curtains closed, pj's on and unplug the phone after 30 minutes of calling around the relatives overseas. Xmas dinner starts with "prawn cocktail" followed by the traditional Turkey, pigs in blankets and trimmings then finally a Xmas pudding with brandy sauce...... yummy.

Finally Turkey brain and Zzzzzzz.......

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: