Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I have a 16 month old (my ds), an 18 month old, a 22 month old, 2 3yo, a 4 yo and my dd is 4. In the summer before two dck started ( 3 and 4 yo) I had 2 others who were under 18 months. That was a busy time! However, they were all on the same schedule and with the the nice weather we had a good time...I actually prefer the little ones and once my two older dck are in school in september i wont be taking any more over 3.

I only every have 1 under 18 months and the rest all older ... I Love the wee ones but y back does not and too much lifting will do me in
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home...
    I have four full time children - two girls who are both 2 and a half, and one boy who is 14 months, and my littlest bear who is just 12 months old. It's definitely busy, but I figure in for a penny, in for a pound, right ? Having the right equipment makes all the difference - I have a "super-stroller" and cubbies to contain all the backpacks. I am also able to care for four little ones, because my own three are older - 12, 9 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Monday 2 Friday Mama View Post
    ... It's definitely busy, but I figure in for a penny, in for a pound, right ? ....
    LOL ~ agreed I prefer to have my house full as well ~ if I am here and working with 1 might as well maximize my revenue potential and have the total of 5 to ensure I am covering all my expenses and still making a living at the end of the day ... unfortunately it was the super stroller full of 5 young toddlers that finally herniated my L5S1 disc though so since than I have been an advocate for finding that balance to be able to stay in the field without too much pain ... hence the I love babes but they do not love me sentiment ... anyone caring for multiple infants just please remember to ensure you are taking care of YOU cause you only get one body and no job is worth living the rest of your life in pain cause you broke yourself over doing it
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I'm one of those crazy caregivers that my best group of children was a group of 5 full time infants who all started within months of each other (just moved and was starting new). I had 5 under the age of 18 months. They grew up together, we're the same age and development that it was the easiest group I've provided care for. But, now I'm a bit older and my back cant handle all the lifting that is required of infant care. Not everyone can work with all age groups and how many infants a caregiver feels s/he can accept is up to the individual. I also have to agree that some infants require more attention than others and the children in care might determine if another infant can be added to the group.

Right now I have the oldest group I've had in a while and they are two 3 1/2 year olds, a 2 1/2 yr old, 2 yr old, and a 20 month old. A part of me is still missing my group of infants, it might have been more physically demanding, but the older children are more mentally demanding and the occasional day I find myself being outwitted by a preschooler, lol.

I'm 3 1/2yrs away from retiring from full time child are and will likely move to before and after school daycare. After almost 20 yrs of child care my back and knees are shot from the years of lifting and being on my knees playing with the children. I'm ready for the older children now.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com