Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EMT Payments

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar

EMT Payments

My payment methods are either cash or cheque. I am Interested in the EMT option for payment, but wondering how you guys go about setting this up. I'm not sure if it is for every bank but here we are charged to send money through EMT. Do you discount this from their amount due or you don't discount at all.
    Last edited by little rascals; 12-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

I accepted email money transfers and was never charged to recieve money. I'm with TD Bank. Don't know if that makes a difference.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I am with pc financial .... I can receive all the EMT's for free but I am charged $1.50 (I think) for sending one. Some banks don't charge at all For sending or receiving ..... But no I would deduct anything .... Some banks allow you to set it up online and others you have to go in. When your client sends you a payment they will have to set up a security question.... All my families use their kids name. But I love EMT !!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I like getting EMT's- no trip to the bank! Just make sure you have a strict late fee policy. I find parents who pay with EMT's end up being late more often since they send it to you from home.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loulou For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    With my bank, I pay to send but not to receive so I wouldn't be charged to receive their payment. I am just worried that they wouldn't be too happy with a fee to send money to me if their bank charges.

apples and bananas
    I accept EMT. There is 1.50 charge for the payer but nothing for me. I have sent EMT's as well and it costs me 1.50, but I can usually justify it as it would cost me more in gas to deliver payment.

My EMT policy is payment needs to be recieved by Wednesday of the payweek. (I accept payment at the end of the week for all other forms) This way I have 2 days to remind them if it didn't go through or if they forgot.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I like getting EMT's- no trip to the bank! Just make sure you have a strict late fee policy. I find parents who pay with EMT's end up being late more often since they send it to you from home.
    I definitely agree. My families who pay via cheque are rarely late however my families that pay via email interact transfers are frequently late.

With that being said, it is my preferred method of payment too
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

When a parent chooses to pay by EMT they have to pay on the Sunday so the money is their for Monday morning and I'm not left waiting and wondering if it's ever going to come.

Euphoric !
    My emts are due on fridays (or sooner) for the following two weeks as I shop on the weekends for food and supplies and I have only ever had one family late with the EMT once and I reminded on monday morning and I had it within the hour. I love EMT as I don't have to wonder if it's going to clear and I don't have to go to a bank. Actually I don't think I have been in a bank in a few years now.

Outgoing
    I have one family that uses EMT and i love it. I wish i could convince all of them to use it.