Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

How many babies can you handle?

I currently have 2 - 13 months and 17 months, both p/t but I do have them both some days. I got a call from someone about a f/t 11 month old that I turned down because I thought 3 under 2 might be a bit more than I can sanely handle. Just wondered if a lot of you have lots of little ones!

Euphoric !
    I have a 10 month, a 13 month, a 20 month, a 25 month and a 3 yr old.... They are all full time
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 12-04-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have 3 ft little ones-1 year, 14 months & 18 months. I enjoy having them close in age as I find it easier to plan activities around their abilities when they are so close. I also have a 3.5, 3, and my 2.5 y/o. I think when the time comes to replace the 3.5 y/o I will look for someone younger again. I really enjoy the 1-2 age!
    Last edited by loulou; 12-04-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Euphoric !
    I have a 15 month old, a 23 month old, a 24 month old, a 2.75 year old and a 4 3/4 year old. But the oldest is leaving this month and a 10 month old is starting in Feb. so I'm with a very young group for the next year.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

apples and bananas
    I have a 14 month old, 2 X 20 month olds and a three year old. I find the 3 year old is always the odd man out. I would much prefer if all 4 were under 2. If you have 3 under 2, you might as well have 4.

Euphoric !
    I currently have an 11 mo old, 2 one yr olds, 2 - 17 mos olds (some are part time with no more than 4 each day at the moment). There will be a 9 mos old starting in March. I find it okay as I get used to the different personalities and capabilities. However, I will say that for the first bit it was quite a work out keeping up with everything. I bought a six seat stroller so for the really difficult times, we saddle up and hit the trail for an hour. Now everyone has settled in and I find it very enjoyable. I think every provider is different with what they can handle. Infants and toddlers are my niche....I have always preferred working with them and have found that I can adapt well to the ever changing needs. I have talked with other providers who prefer when the kids get past this very needy stage. I will admit that I am asleep before my head hits the pillow most nights though!

Euphoric !
    I think once a child reaches 18 months they start to move into the next age grouping. I have always said the licensed ages should be 2 under 18 months not under 24 months. That said if all of your group are walking and self feeding fingerfoods, drinkiing from a cup and going down for naps without issue then the age of the new child coming into care is less of an issue. While you won't be able to have elaborate circletimes and no one will care about the weather chart or the calendar or be able to sing along you will have a cohesive group that will pretty much move along together in terms of learning and playing and scheduling. Adding an 11month old now depends more on what stage your others are at developmentally than when their next birthday is.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Playfelt, it's funny but I have been thinking about that lately. My 4 year old girl, 2.75 year old boy and 23 month old girl are smart and understand everything I say and I think of them as the big kids.

Then my 24 month old boy is a lot like the 15 month old baby because he doesn't understand anything I say. I was thinking it's funny that I usually like to have children close in age but my 15 month old is going to be surpassing this 24 month old in no time because the baby understands me. It's so weird. I know they are all so different but you're right, an 11 month old is definitely at 'baby' level still.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    I have a 18 mo old, a 22 mo old, and a 16 mo old. The days can be busy but it is possible and I agree that after 18 months they get a lot easier and more pleasant to interact with It is not as scary as it may seem
    I also have some 3 year olds rotating through too.

Outgoing
    My whole group is 2 and under with the exception of 1 dcg who is almost 3 who only has a couple weeks left of care. My youngest is 14 months. I love it and I find it fairly easy. They are all relatively at the same learning level, they are all really good kids and very self sufficient. They are all walking and all but 1 are feeding themselves. They will all grow and learn together.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/