Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you for this post Valerie! Just when I was contemplating signing on with an agency this post made me decide otherwise
    "If we all could see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!" - Chee Vai Tang

Thank you for this post Valerie! Just when I was contemplating signing on with an agency this post made me decide otherwise
    if you can get private clients then get them. I wish I could find private ones. Right now if I wasn't with the agencies I would have no clients. I hope that in a year or two I can leave them.

I agree with PP, I don't think this family chose a daycare to be "closer to mom" I think they were terminated.
    They did give a 2 weeks notice to the other provider, or at lets made it look that way. They started 3 weeks after the interview. so unless they had other care for that time I don't think they were terminated. They had private care and wanted subsidized care.

The little girl cry's most of the day. I tell her to help clean up, she cry's. I tell her its quiet time, she cry's (but does lay down and does to sleep). My 1 year old son goes never her, she cry's. I ask her to say, please, Thank you or sorry and she cry's. I tell her to sit at the table to eat she cry's. The other kids don't like all the crying, I seem to be able to block it out (so far).
    I can go on and on, but I think you get the picture. I was hoping it was because she is new here, but I have a feeling that when she cry's at home she gets what she wants. She is an only child. She is also hitting a lot. She is only 20 months, so I know that for the most part its do to her age. I have been giving her time outs for hitting.

Had parents like this time and time again, and the only advice I can give you is: people like this NEVER CHANGE! I think it would be wise to get rid as soon as you can fill the spot, until then reinforce your rules, make them pay late fees, for all late pickups, and maybe even give them extra charges for the supplies they are not providing that you are using for their child. This one doesnt seem like a good fit for any provider, or any GOOD provider that is!

Kidlove - because they are through and agency I can't charge them for anything. I am pissed that once again they forgot to bring tissues. I will speak with the father at pick up and tell him that no tissues tomorrow no care, there is a 24 hour Metro across the street, they can run over and pick some up (with the girl) in the morning if they show up with out it. Not only were they told about bring tissue in the interview, its in the contract and I gave them a supply list when they signed all the paperwork and I have reminded them twice now. Tonight is the last reminder. I am all out of tissues and have been using toilet paper.

Starting to feel at home...
    They really should respect your rules. She wouldn't want to have to work 40 mins. later without pay just like you don't want to either.

So dad just left with her. He showed u with a box of tissue. He said he was sorry, his wife forgot them in the car this morning
    Last edited by BlueRose; 12-14-2012 at 07:31 AM.

guess who showed up late for snack this morning?
    we were a few min from being done. I did offer her a few crackers, but not the whole snack. She didn't want them. All she has done since she got her is cry. I made up one of her bottles, but she hasn't touched it. I have a feeling that this is going to be another long day.