So, I set out on a personal challenge this year to not break the bank this Christmas. My goal was to sell some items no longer used (all games & toys etc. that the kids no longer play with) and only spend what I made on those on presents. I have 2 sons, aged 3 and 7...and was able to score some really cool stuff for the kids in return (an IPod , a bigger bike, Thomas the train sets, books etc). Here's the clincher...none of the gifts that I have purchased for my young sons is new; all in excellent used condition, but not new. I've been scouring used websites for months and have spent $178 on items that new would have totaled easily well over $800....and had $324 left over from my sold goods which paid for a 3 day family trip to Toronto complete with a hotel with indoor pool/water-slide. We've vowed not to travel anywhere Christmas Day but to make it about quality time at home, playing games, playing in the snow...eating. I have friends who have looked down on me for giving my kids used toys etc., so I thought I would put it out there for debate on this forum.