Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I have moved the 2 year old to a single air mattress on the floor. She was crawling out of the playpen, and it was making me nervous. Granted, she would only do it after she was all done naptime and she is a good napper, so it wasn't causing me stress keeping her in there! But she's been in a real bed at home for a while, so I made the switch.

And as for little ones napping in your own kids bedrooms, I think it's just one of the few allowances that have to be made. My 2 boys share a bedroom, so I try not to keep anyone in there for naptime unless all of my P/T kids are here in one day. My daughter is okay with it, and I just had to get used to making sure I didn't need to get anything from our bedroom either, haha! If I do need to use the boys room, I just ask them if they need to get anything out of there before the small ones go down, and they know that there is no access until quiet time is over.

We use our bedrooms too - mine and my 7 yr old son's. One 22 mo sleeps on my bed, and the other sleeps in a kindercot in my son's room, as this is what she is used to. Once the new babies start, they will be in pack n plays.

Regarding my children being bothered about using their rooms for naps, they aren't, but if they were, I wouldn't give a toss! LOL I run a home business, and their rooms are a part of my home. The daycare kids aren't allowed to play in their rooms. They are in there to nap, period. Shaaaaare?

Where can I purchase inexpensive rest mats for kindergarten children? (Ottawa/Gatineau area)
    I need to buy 31 mats and I have to pay for them myself.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

For the Ottawa region - there is a store for daycares called All About Kids. You might be able to swing a deal with them if you're buying that many!!? It's in the East end of Ottawa.
    http://allaboutkids.info/

Euphoric !
    The little girl I sent off to JK last year had to purchase her own mat to leave at daycare. They were directed to All About Kids to get them.

For those that use the mats do you find a difference between the fold up ones and the non fold. I can imagine certain size kids not being comfortable on the fold up ones depending on what body parts fall where and wonder if by the time I fold and store 5 mats if it would save me any space compared to stacking 5 nonfolding ones.