Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you use for naptime?

Do you use playpens, cribs, beds, mats? and do you put them all in one room, or in different rooms? The play room or a separate room?

Starting to feel at home...
    I have my daycare in the basement and we built a bedroom for use as a naproom. Two playpens are in there on opposite sides of the room. I also have daycare cots which will go in the main daycare room for older children. Hope that helps!

Expansive...
    I have three different play yards in 3 separate bedrooms for naptime. each child has bedding and a play yard and a location that is always theirs. I think having their own space and the same bedding every week helps them feel it is their own little place and each child knows which one is theirs when I say 'okay, let's go for naptime" and they all walk upstairs, lay down for their changes and then go to the play yard that they know is theirs and wait for me to lift them up and tuck them in

I have thought of getting a cot to try for at least one child and see how it goes but I am worried that they will just get out and then I will be wasting the money

Euphoric !
    I have the packnplays for little kids and they are in separate bedrooms upstairs. If more than three are needed then two end up in my room but quite a ways apart because of the way the room is laid out. Older kids sleep right now on crib mattresses which I put down in our mainfloor playroom (diningroom) They move to the mattresses around 2 or when they are in a bed at home or too big for the playpen either by weight or climbing out. My mattresses need replacing and I still can't decide between going the mat route or the actual cot route. Leaning towards the cots as I picture kids rolling around the room with the low mats. At least on the crib mattresses I only rarely have a child roll off.

Currently just have the little guys, and they're in playpens. Once Dcg2 starts potty training, we'll buy her a cot - they have some nice ones at Walmart in the US for $25. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-...el-Bed/4433186

My 2 yr old dcg (just turned 2) is currently on our guest bed - no rails! I started her on the bed, as I could no longer lift her into the playpen when I threw my back out. Then she wouldn't go to sleep for her parents in her crib. She's been in a big girl bed since Christmas time!

Euphoric !
    3 playpens in 3 different rooms. I wish I could double up, and have more than one child in a bedroom, but I have a couple little ones who still cry as they are going down. As it is, they can keep each other up!

so most of you just make a sleeping area in bedrooms? I'm not sure I'd want to have someone napping in my sons room, mostly because I'm not sure how my son (6 yrs old) would feel about that lol

Under 20 months in a playpen

Over 20 months on Kindermats

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by mb0318 View Post
    so most of you just make a sleeping area in bedrooms? I'm not sure I'd want to have someone napping in my sons room, mostly because I'm not sure how my son (6 yrs old) would feel about that lol
    If your son is at school full time then the child would be in there when he isn't. The joys of a packnplay is that it can be taken down each night. In the summer it could be a different issue if your son uses the room for play. In that case put the child that only takes one nap in there and then there is only a 2 hour period per day child is unable to be in their room. Also remember as they get older they will move to a mat and could be put somewhere else so it is only a temporary thing. My kids grew up with the daycare in place so they never knew it any different. They had "naptime" buckets they packed in the summer that were brought out in the livingroom while the other kids were sleeping - ie stuff they wanted from their room. Yes there battles sometimes if they forgot something but it was also a good lesson in being prepared and thinking ahead and knowing what went with what - barbie doll clothes are only fun if you remember the doll or vice versa.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by mb0318 View Post
    I feel the same!! I have a main floor daycare room. My daughter sleeps upstairs in her crib, but my other 2 little ones sleep in pack and plays at either end of my living room. My 3year old dck sleeps on a yoga mat in the playroom!