Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Oh how I love the no shows

Grrrr. I should have seen it coming. Mom and I had set up a face to face interview after a phone interview for last Tuesday. She called me then and said her little one was sick and she wanted to reschedule for today. So 10 am rolls around and nothing.
    No phone call. I never cease to be amazed at how parents can be so inconsiderate of our time.

Expansive...
    That is very rude. They could at least email or call and say they found another solution or want to postpone indefinitely.
    I always wonder what kind of person could just not show up and have the courtesy to cancel ahead. It has only happened to me once and I was just glad that I never even got to the interview because that kind of selfish person is not the type I would want in my daycare. It is obviously very inconsiderate of your time because you prepare and wait and then - nada. Pfft

I think this happens in every business which requires an appointment. There is no excuse for this inconsideration and it just shows you the character of this type of person. No respect for peoples businesses. I quess JennJubie she figures you are home anyway, so what's the big deal. Interviews require alot of prep. So sorry you were disrespected.

That is very rude. It has happened to me a few times. Very disrepectful!

Sorry that you were left waiting, it happens...I would never reschedule an interview with someone who never bothered to call me to cancel their appointment and then at a later date called again to reschedule.

Outgoing
    I just think there is no excuse for that kind of behaviour! whatever the situation, even if it was an emergency, you can certainly call after the fact and apologize for not showing up. I have only ever had one no show and it still annoys me almost a year later! I felt so silly sitting there waiting....just plain rude is all!

It is extremely rude to do that and says a ton about their charactor. Just make sure that IF they call you back, you either avoid the call or let them know the spot has been filled...say: "sorry, the very next day, I had a family planned to come and they showed up on time, I filled the spot, thankyou" not!

Outgoing
    Haha! Thanks for the support ladies It's just so irritating. Even if she phoned me tomorrow I wouldn't take her on. Even IF it were the fact that she forgot, I wouldn't want to have a client that could forget things so easily. Oh well....

Euphoric !
    Don't you wish you could send them a bill for your time? A doctor would send out a bill for a missed appointment. How rude and selfish some people can be. Well Jenn, you do NOT want that family!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.