Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Do you get presents for the parents?

Do you get a litte something for the parents as well? Or just the kids?

Technically no but sorta yes ~ I make up a custom Photo Calendar with my Digital scrapbooking program and print it off but it is more a 'family gift' for the children and their parent ... the kids help me choose the photos they want to put in it for each month so it is more about the process of reflection on our past months or year together and than a 'gift' for them to have at home to share those photos and memories with the parents.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Lou

apples and bananas
    No, I do a christmas card and this year a pointsetta, but we have a garden centre worker in the family so it's not that big of a deal. I help the kids make gifts for mom and dad, but that's it.

I provide a service to the family. Just like the busdriver for school, or the coach at hockey. They all get a little thank yo ufrom me, but they don't return the gift, and I don't expect them to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Lou

Outgoing
    I get all my kids a gift, and help them make something for their parents. all this extra gift-giving, imo, is a little ridiculous....

No presents for parents. I get presents for kids though. It's customary for the parents to get their teacher or daycare provider a gift, but not vice versa.

Outgoing
    I get all the little ones a gift from my family. For the parents we make something together. This year we made centerpices. We used old jars (spaghetti sauce) filled them with battery operated christmas lights, added potpourri scented with cinnamon. When they turn the lights on the warmth (and it just gets a little warm, not hot) brings out the cinnamon smell. The lids we decorated with red glitter. Pretty, smells nice, environmentally friendly and a little something for the Moms and Dads

Outgoing
    Kids only here and I "help" the kids make a gift for their parents. That's it.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Euphoric !
    My daycare children make crafts for their parents and package them up and put them under the tree for the parents. I've been doing that for years to teach the children about the joy of giving.

It's funny, but just a few weeks ago they were saying thank you to me for giving them a treat after lunch on a Friday and I asked them if they say thank you to their Mom & Dad. My 4.75 year old girl said 'why do I have to say thanks to Mom & Dad?'. So we had a conversation about that and about giving them their present at Christmas and thanks for all the nice things they do for her all the time.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I give gifts to the parents, kids and siblings ..... ONLY BECAUSE I'M A SHOP-AHOLIC . I price matched the kinder surprise with plush toys .... SHoppers drugmart had a Christmas gift idea catelogue that came out and had a misprint $1.99 instead of $9.99 so I bought 1 for each of my kids and daycare kids and the siblings ....mum and dad are each getting a 1.97$ picture frame with their kids pictures in it ... SO each family gifts were under $10 ....If anyone in Orleans needs/wants the flyer your welcome to it 1st one to pm me will get it the flyer is good until the 22nd.

Starting to feel at home... little rascals's Avatar
    I too give a little something for the parents and the kids. Comes out to about $20 per family.