Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I've been sending the crafts and gifts to the children from me and gifts to the parents from the children home at various points all week. We've had some sickness rolling through the daycare so I started sending them home a little early on the days they were here.

My newest dcMom obviously wasn't expecting all the things I sent home and didn't have anything for me so she brought me a little homemade gift this morning which I thought was niceand thoughtful. Nothing else from any of the other families yet. However, they are all paying me for next week and are not bringing their children so I have an unexpected week off and that is a wonderful gift - an unexpected vacation, woohoo!
    The weeks pay and no kids would be enough gift for me! I did recieve a very nice gift card for a restaurant this week and a lovely hat and scarf set. One gift says "have a nice relaxing night out" The other says "get your butt outside with the kids" LOL

I expect a thank you for all my hard work for the past year. Whatever format that comes in is fine with me.

Tis the Season to be giving! I send all gifts home the last day I have the child before Christmas and could really care less if I get anything at all. Definitely feels good to know someone cares but to me if I give it's not to recieve and dont think there is anything awkward about giving and not getting in return. I give because I enjoy giving, not because I feel like I should or have to. Some people have a giving heart, and gift giving is a love language. Some people don't show their gratitude through a physical gift or words written, some say Thankyou every day when they pick their child up, or encourage a Hug and Merry Christmas verbally from the child, some nothing at all, either way.....I know they all value me gift or no gift.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by darasmommy View Post
    SPA! D'oh!!! Wish I had thought of that as a gift. Next year for sure. I always give gifts to teachers, care providers...I do think it is a sign of respect and gratitude. I am sure there are a lot of people out there who don't regard it as such. I am sorry you have to deal with that.
    I hope this means you have found a wonderful caregiver and have learned what to watch out for so you don't have any more bad experiences. There are an awful lot of bad 'babysitters' out there and even more 'dedicated professional home daycare providers' and those are the kind of people on this forum. I'm sure you realize that now.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    just am update. My last day was yesterday and I got nothing from my kids......o well maybe next year

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Winton View Post
    just am update. My last day was yesterday and I got nothing from my kids......o well maybe next year
    Wow? Not even 1? How many families do you have?
    That is rather strange that none of them would reciprocate your gesture.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Try not to over think it.

Enjoy your vacation and relax

I believe in giving. It's nice to feel appreciated and needed, but in this day and age, it's a dying art. Very sad.

I don't EXPECT anything from anyone anymore. Just a thank you and a Merry Christmas, and I'm quite happy!

Even though I'm on Mat leave, and have lost 3 of my 4 dckids to daycare centers (and not returning) and the other 1 is returning when I'm back), I still give gifts. Nothing fancy, but it's the thought to me that counts!

For my dance school, I received cards from about half of my students (and one mom baked goodies which my hubby ate!). The first years get a bought gift from me (it's a name tag for when we dance out in the community), then the other years I make Christmas ornaments.