Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

What do you spend?

How much do you spend on the holiday for thedaycare? Gifts, food, decor ect?

Expansive...
    mmm I never really thought about it.....Let me think

This year I did approximately $25 per child for gifts so that was 6 kids x 25 = 150

Then I did about $25 in craft supplies for Christmas. Construction paper, glitter glue, pom poms, stickers

And tonight I am going out to get some groceries just for tomorrow so it will be a more special meal and fresh strawberries, cupcakes, etc so that will probably be another $25 tonight

=200 I guess. Yikes

And I have put in COUNTLESS hours this month for craft prep, wrapping presents, shopping for them and finishing up crafts for the kids on my weekends, lunches and evenings. That was painful

apples and bananas
    I'm 10 on each kid. So that's $50.

Another $25 on Crafts.

And I don't really do anything extra for food. I make sugar cookies and they'll decorate them tomorrow so I wouldn't count that as extra as I do a dbl batch so my kids can work on it tomorrow night.

I would say less then $100.00 for me.

Shy
    aye.....20$ per child (6 of them) plus 10 per parents, i got htem a cup and made hot chocolate santas, and each a cd video.

I have a santa coming over he"s 50$

plus tomorrow is the christmas party and that cost me well over 100$ for the food, then add the wine.

ouch I hit over 300$ ....why did i have to answer this one, i didnt want to know

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    glad to know Im not the only one.

too much! the gifts are just the beginning for me! I spend about 20$ for each child, for their gift from me! but when you add all the money spent on baking for each family, and the gifts and crafts the kids make through the season? too much I am sure, but it's too fun to care!

Ya I do not like to think too much on the cost and focus on the joy it brings ... the photo calendar I make for each family costs me about $25 a pop .. I spend about $5 a kid on a book for them, we budget $100 for the Angel tree gifts and another $100 to send a child to school in Africa in lieu of the presents for the daycare kids, I budget $10 per child for their parents keepsake gift, homemade wrapping paper supplies and the card ... and than our baking ingredients for the Christmas tea on top of it is close to another $100 extra.

My first Christmas was the most expensive ever because I had 10 children on enrollment that year ... 1 full time kid and 9 part time children sharing my remaining 4 spots ... and they all made a calendar and present for their parent .... this is another reason why I now prefer FULL TIME children
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    i spent $20 each on my 5 regular dck and $10-15 on my 2 pt dck. i spent another additional $50-75 on extra craft and baking supplies.

Outgoing
    apparently I`m cheap! I spend $5/ gift (before taxes). but, I stock up at clearance sales...so they get decent gifts ( I think ) and crafts are pretty homey. Some $ store stuff...maybe $15 worth, the rest is popsicle sticks, paint, stuff I already have around and we do crafts year round...so it's not necessarily more. I have a Santa come, but he's volunteer (ok, I buy a $10 gift to say thanks)

But, still not a whole lot!

Euphoric !
    I'm a Christmas nut so my entire home is turned into a Christmas wonderland at the end of Nov. every year. But I spend up to $20 on each child's gift from me. The parents receive all the children's crafts packaged up from the child in some way that only costs a dollar or two.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.