Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expansive...

It happened to me again :(

Friday came and went and I gave dckids their gifts...dcmom watched them open it, thanked us very much then she handed over my envelope and wished all a Merry Christmas...

I opened the envelope and it's the weekly fees...nothing else. Not a card, not a chocolate not even something for my DD. Nadda. I got nothing.

Booo to me
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    bah humbug.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Don't change Mamma Mia because clients don't reciprocate. You have a generous nature and enjoy giving to your dckids. All kinds of people make up this world. Some having a giving, kind nature, some are self involved, some selfish, some oblivious to social graces etc. This client should be grateful she picked you and found someone like you with a loving heart. Merry Christmas to you hon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ah, it happens to me most years too. I know there are providers who get hundreds of dollars in cash and gift cards and I find it a little challenging to keep my chin up because my clients don't have a lot of money. I get small, thoughtful gifts and they say thank you and give me lovely cards. It's ok. I didn't get anything at all from 2 of my families either, not even a card.

I just want you to know you are not alone MammaMia. Merry Christmas.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Have a Great Christmas any way!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kidlove For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    That sucks! I'm so sorry. I always got my daycare provider a $50 gift card and I always got something for their children. Not a lot, just something small. My kids were friends with their kids so they exchanged gifts.

I'm so sorry... chin up. I hope you have some good time off.

You should send out an email to all of your clients thanking them for the lovely gifts and wishing them a merry christmas. That will probably make at least a few feel guilty.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Sorry to hear that. It happened to me as well. I got gifts from all but 1 family. This is the family that I have worked overtime for most days lately and without charging extra. And to top it off, they picked up late on Friday and Dad brought my money sometime after 6 pm, not sure when cause I was out. I am not pleased and will be thinking up a way to stop the late pick ups in the New Year, not sure whether I will be raising their fees or just charging my late fee. Just proves once again that being nice doesn't pay. I hope despite your disappointment, you have a wonderful Christmas.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Hey Mamma_Mia, Chin up...It happened to me too, I have a mom who is a challenge, and she never says thank you for any of the gifts I give her son, but hey when he gets them he is so happy!! I have yet to get a gift from her
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 12-24-2012 at 06:29 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Hugs to you Mama Mia - I too got nada from two of my four families. No cards - not even a thank you e-mail for the gifts that I put together for their child. =( One Mum gave me a small gift - Olive oil and balsamic vinegar (not really my thing, but the thought was very much appreciated) and my star Mum gave me a gift certificate to a Spa. Very generous gift card ($50) but I'm in a bit of a conundrum because everything on offer at this spa is very expensive - a manicure is 90 dollars. Yikes ! So I don't know if I'll use it or not - I kind of hate to have to spend a lot of money on something that I wouldn't ordinarily spend on, just to "use up" a gift card. She really should have just bought me an ornament for my tree or a box of candy. I totally get (and agree!) that she should not be gifting me 200 dollar gifts, but now what do I do with this darn gift card ?Ah well....keep your kind heart Mama (despite the scrooges out there) and here's hoping that Santa is good to you ! =)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post:

regift it m2f mama to someone you know who would use it.