Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disney Trip

apples and bananas

Disney Trip

Hi Everyone,

We're leaving for Disney next month. I'm wondering if anyone has some tips and tricks. My kids are 5 and 8.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    I use to do hair and a old client of mine went few times and would do a tour under disney! He told me it was like a hole other city under their. he said it was amazing!

I've never gone with little ones, however, I would pace yourself. Don't try to do/see everything in one day. Tired cranky kids are no fun.

Euphoric !
    The magic kingdom is the most fun for kids .... If your going to do the animal kingdom ... The safari is the best ...... If you have to pay extra for a fast pass it's worth it cause you don't have to wait so long in lines. Make sure you take the time to see the parade and the fireworks. And most of all make sure you go on buzz lightyear ..... The coolest ride.
    If you can make it to universal ... It's worth it .... Better then disney in my opinion ...My favourite was the subway ride (can't remember the name).... And twister was pretty amazing too and so was back to the future. ...... Have fun .... Wish I could head there myself ....

Euphoric !
    Did you go on the Disney website? They have all kinds of great package deals where you can stay at their resort and have passes to the park all included. Friends of mine went for about $1600 for a family of 4 recently.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    6 days to go for us !!!!!!!!!! I cant wait lol

If you really want the most out of your trip, plan plan plan. Hope you are staying at a Disney resort ?!? that way you are able to enjoy the ''Extra Magic hours''. Plan to go to the parks that opens early or stay open later for those who stays on site. Plus when you stay on site you get the fast pass and thats a must. Having Park-Hoper Tickets get really handy so you can start your day here, go rest and go back there. Have also the dinning plan if possible, so much easier and cheaper for meals and snacks. When you get to the Parks, grab the Park schedule to see the different show, the character spots, the parades and the fireworks. You need at least 2 days to Magic Kingdom to really enjoy it, perhaps 2 days at Epcot... not my fav, Animal Kingdom is only a daytime thing so you can go to another park at night or rest at the Hotel or even go to Downtown Disney, I went to Hollywood Studios 2 days as well to see all the shows and attractions.

I did not know about special tours man now I will have to go back to visit the under Disney for sure !

If you have girls, get them the Disney Princess experience at the Bibbidi Bobiddi Boutique at Cinderella Castle, it is so worth it especially before 8 years old I think...

Definitely go to Universal Studios if you can... but thats like a 3 days trip on its own because you have 2 parks to visit (2 days at Adventure Island and 1 at Universal). I stayed on site there as well, that way you get special treats, early access to Harry Potter and the fast pass to rides is a must

Of course you will be exhausted after your trip but man will you have tones of neverending memories

Euphoric !
    DisneyPrincess is so right, but look her name - of course she's right, haha! I went to Europe in the 80's with just maps. We didn't have the internet then. Now, it's amazing what you can find on if you search around on the internet.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by lainey76 View Post
    6 days to go for us !!!!!!!!!! I cant wait lol
    7 days for us!!!! So excited!

We have 3 days planned. 2 at MK and 1 at HS. My daughter did the bibbity bobbity boutique when she was 5 and absolutly loved it! Not in the plan this time though. This is a quick disney only trip... In and out in 5 days, 3 days of parks, 1 day of resort and 1 day i downtown.

I have planned myself to death! Ha! Over planned probably.

Outgoing
    its been awhile for me but i remember finding that the meals at the resort counter service restaurants and parks were large portions. It didnt take long for us to start ordering only 2 meals and sharing with our dd. we stay at a disney resort and my dd wanted us to by the insulated mug that was in our room and we said no way are we paying for that mug. I think it was 12 dollars or something. we found out a few days later it included free refills at our resort LOL. definately go to typhoon lagoon, it is so much fun your kids are perfect ages for it. ive never had the dining plan but my friend always gets it and she doesnt do anything if its not a good deal in the long run. I suggest if possible taking an afternoon break from parks and heading back to your hotel/resort for a break in the pool and little rest so that the kids can stay up late enough for fireworks. You miss the high heat of the day although Im not sure how hot it is at this time of year. Plan, Plan, Plan and if you google about disney there is a message board similar to this where there a members who do disney every year and know everything there is to know. You can post and get answers from people who know. have fun