Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No show no call

Starting to feel at home...

No show no call

Arg,

So this family I have is on their second no show no call. Usualy the little girl gets dropped off at 8:00 am. By 9:30 no sign of the mother so I called to find out if she was coming over or not? No one answered so I left a message. Its not 2:00 in the afternoon, still no news from them. Should I call again? I don't really want to be sitting here all day if she is not going to come... Its so nice out, we were going to go for a walk...

What would you do? I'm just about done with this family

Expansive...
    Oh gosh, no...don't wait around for THEM! It's all on them if they decide to show up at their own convenience and you're out...you're entitled to go out! Forget them...I'd have a nice warnin letter ready and waiting for them as well.

Euphoric !
    My contract states arrivals by 9am or they have to find us on our outings. I've never had a client do anything as selfish and rude as you described above. I'm glad you are almost done with this family because you really need to give them a strict warning.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    My contract states if I do not receive notice your child will not be attending for the day prior to expected drop-off time you will be charged for the day (since I allow 2 sick days/ month). If I still get a no show I call the house and leave a message saying we will be waiting for them for 1 more hour than will be out and about. We never go out before 10am anyways and this way they hopefully feel bad.

I put my sign on the door "out for a walk" and let them come looking for you. I've done this in the past and it has driven the point home that our routine continues if you are late.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I wish I could say that I've never experienced a no call/no show in my home daycare career but I have in the past, I also have had tons who arrive late and expect me to be right there waiting for them.

Because of having tons of experience with this I have a fairly strict late/no show policy. I have drop off time from 7:30 - 8. If you aren't here by 8 I continue with our plans. That means if they are late with no notice than they have to find us and meet us where we are, if they are unable to find us or meet us then the parent is responsible for finding and paying for alternate childcare. To this day, I still have 1 parent who is late almost every day.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Outgoing
    I would never sit around waiting! you snooze, you lose....all drop off need to be by 9am or good luck finding us! lol we go outside every day and all my dcp are made aware of this....not too bad in the winter we are usually in backyard but in the summer we could be anywhere! i would be sure to let that parent know how disrespectful their actions are and that it wont be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymama View Post
    I would never sit around waiting! you snooze, you lose....all drop off need to be by 9am or good luck finding us! ....
    Ditto ~ this is my practice as well ... policy is to be dropped off by 9am and if you are going to be late to call or text so I can let you know where to find us if we are going out to a play group or park they would have to come 'find us'.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi