Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Christmas Holidays affected parents more than kids!

Here i was expecting my DCK's to have forgotten all rules and be hairy scary after the holidays with no routines, etc. yet it's the parents that are needing reminders

One of my new DCM calls this morning and tells me she is off today and does she still have to pay?? Seriously? Umm YES! Again remind her she is paying for a full time spot so whether her son comes 1 day or all 5 days you pay for 5 days. Ugh. Read your contract!! this is the same family that tried to do a pick up during naptime a couple of weeks ago. obviously did not read the contract or didnt care! So her response?? Okay I guess I'll bring him then. I'll be about an hour" this was 90 min ago!!

Then one of my longtime DCM is running late, I text her and she calls back that the kids are with their dad today and did I not get her text?? Yeah! No. Checked my text.. Nothing from her. And fees are due today. I'm going to remind her that payment is due via text

And to top it all off... I had to go to emergency last night as I was sick and severely dehydrated. Bad bout of food poisioning. So I could have taken the day off but did not want to screw up 4 families. Ugh. Happy New Year.

Hope you are feeling better! Just when we think we have the parents "trained" to adhere to our policies and think we can relax, then they pull something like this. Good for you for standing your ground and too bad you didn't just call in sick- most are home today or only work a half day anyway. Happy New Year Other Mummy

Euphoric !
    OMG! I hope you are feeling better today but you definitely should have stayed in bed all morning by the sound of it. Yikes! My contract states that all of the children must arrive by 9am because we have busy mornings. Maybe you will want to add something like that?
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.