Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    No it's probably because your daughter is a girl .... Boys always have higher rates ... They are considered a bigger risk.... A bit of discrimination but statistics are that teenage boys will write of at least one car before they are 20 .... My nephew wrote off two ; )

Outgoing
    i'm in Ontario. we notified our insurance when my daughter got her license and it went up about 50 dollars a month. However, as much as the stepmother is forbidding him to get his license it is his right to do so and does not need permission. I dont think that her insurance would go up unless she tells them he is driving her car. They would have no way of knowing.

Euphoric !
    There was minimal change when they were "just learning" and driving sporadically on teh vvehicles but it did go up when they actually got their license and were allowed to drive with no adult present. The assumption being too the vehicle was being driven twice as often as compared to them both in the car together. And yes was higher to put Shawn on than Jennifer. $4000 a year for a boy to have their own car/insurance is about right.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I must have been really lucky because when we put Carissia on our insurace because she was driving both vehicles when she had her G1 our insurance didn't go up at all. They just gave us a warning that if she does have an accident it goes against our licence and insurance. Which was fine and to be expected.

I wonder if it matters what type of insurance you have. We never put the no one under 25 can drive our vehicles, truthfully not sure why, our insurance have never been anymore than what the average person pay. Even now with 3 vehicles insured (1 full covered and 2 just the basics) we pay less than $200 a month and that was with them knowing Carissia was driving the vehicle. They told us as long as we didn't put the 3rd vehicle on the road our insurance wouldn't go up. BUT as soon as the 3rd vehicle went back on the road then it would go up somewhere around $90-100.

I think though I better call again just in case the rep mistunderstood me or I missunderstood her. I would hate for Carissia to be driving our vehicle over the next year and it not be covered.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Quote Originally Posted by gramma View Post
    ....However, as much as the stepmother is forbidding him to get his license it is his right to do so and does not need permission. ...
    Opps my bad I made a typo ~ it is MOTHER that is forbidding him to get his license ... his father (my spouse) and I (his step mother) both feel it is in his best interest to get it now so that he can have a clean recorder longer and therefore his insurance when he finally gets it will be 'lower' hopefully cause he will have had a license but no accidents or what not cause he would be driving 'minimally' at this point has he would only have access to a vehicle when at our house as she does not want him driving at all!

I left a message with my insurance agent just waiting to hear back.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi