Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Receipt template

I don't have a software accounting program (on the wish list!) in order to generate a formal receipt for families (I only issue once a year, in January for the previous year). I'm torn as to how to approach a receipt.
    -do I get specific, as in breakdown by amounts paid weekly, monthly or just the grand total?
    -what information do you put on your receipts (I do have a business license number, so don't need my S.I.N. # on it)?
    Thanks much!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I just use a standard receipt book. I put the parents names, total amount and in the memo spot, I put Daycare for XXXXX, Jan1 - Dec 31, 2012. I Date the receipt for Dec 31. On the back I put my name, address, phone number and business number.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

I only do receipts at the end of the year. I made my own form. If you PM me your email I can email it to you.

I basely have:
    My daycare name, my name and address/phone
    One parents name, address/phone

I hereby declare that as a Home Daycare provider I have received the amount of $_________ from ____________________ _________________ for childcare. These fees were paid during the tax year of ____________ for the child named ____________________ ______________.

Then I do a fee breakdown (Date Paid, Amount Paid, What the fee was)
    then a legend:
    Legend
    LF = Late Payment Fee
    LPF = Late Pickup Fee
    NFS = NFS Check Fee
    BC = Bounce Check Fee
    RT= Reimbursement Fee
    HF = Holding Fees
    DCP = Daycare Payment
    DT = Deposit

then sign and date

Yup mine are made in Word document so I just have to print them out ... takes me less than 5 minutes to do up my year end receipts cause I tally their total fees paid in an Excel program so just have to copy that info into the receipt and hit print.

Here is the link that states was CRA absolutely needs on a receipt anything else would just be 'extras' if you want to make it look pretty with a logo or what not.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...rcpts-eng.html

Because I do not want to put my SIN as it says is required .... I place my logo in one corner which has my business website address and on the other corner my name, street address and phone numbers for my business and finally a line with my BIN .... I had called and spoken to a gentleman at CRA who stated this was fine as long as there was a way to 'track' the income back to me and prove the receipt was valid ... basically my receipt is the same style as a client using a 'centre' would get where the owners 'SIN' is not used but instead the registered business identification number.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi