Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Day two.....exhausted!!!

I've only had two days back from mat leave.....with only one dck, and I'm wrecked ha ha!! Clearly 8 months off has turned me into a sloth! Good thing I've staggered the start dates of the rest of the kids! I have no routine sorted out for getting my own two girls fed and dressed in the morning! Hubby is in charge of getting my 2 1/2 year old ready....and I just left my little one in her highchair for him to bring her downstairs!! Poor hubby had to be reminded that he can't be wandering around in his undies anymore now that people will be coming to the door ha ha! Early to bed for me!

Oh hon I am sure it will get easier once you figure out your groove ~ I remember feeling all flustered and out of my groove when I returned to work after a length time off due to my back injury but within a few days the groove and routine came back to me like riding a bike
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Sleep well! I'm glad you staggered the children's transition periods. That was a very smart move on your part. Hey, we all know that this is a difficult job and we don't just sit around relaxing. Of course you are tired after two days back! You are just out of practice but you'll be back on track in no time.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Yep, we all feel like that in the beginning! After I moved last summer I was down to one kid for a few weeks and then when I started filling up again, with each new addition it felt totally chaotic for a week or two. You will likely feel like that with each additional kid, but once they are all setlled, you will start to feel better and build up your stamina to it. My daughter was 8 months when I open my daycare (and my son almost 3), so I know how you feel! Get lots of sleep if you can...you will need the rest!