Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got this reply to my ad

I just got this reply to one of my ads:

very excited to have our (child's name) join your centre
    Okay, but I need more info and we have to meet before I decide your child is coming or not.

I emailed back:
    Hello,
    Before (child's name) can join my daycare I will need the following:

Your child's Birthday:
    Your child's Age at start date:
    When you would like care to start:
    You will also need to come in for an interview. I am doing interviews this weekend.
    Once you have given me the fallowing information, we can set up an interview time.

Thank you for being interested in my daycare

You really think its that easy to get into day care, just send an email stating your child is happy to join?

Maybe I am just reading it wrong, but it sounds like they think their kid is coming here.

I am waiting for a reply to my email.

Euphoric !
    Keep an eye out for a couple red flags with that emailer. I had one last year who wanted to hire me on the spot via email. It was a total scam. Watch for:

* do they claim to live out of country and are looking to move here?
    * they might ask you to purchase a couple specific things for child, for which they will send you a cheque....which will be for more than required. You, in turn, would purchase items after depositing cheque and send a refund cheque for remaining amount....their cheque bounces.
    * in my emails, the kids' names and ages changed.
    * They're super duper excited to have kid join with you, though they know nothing about you or your services

That was my experience. I didn't buy into it, thank doG!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

I got one of those emails about two months ago. they wanted to send money to hold the spot. I told them that : All holding fees and Deposits will only be taken at the time of signing the contract. I must meet with them first to see if they are a good fit for my daycare, and that I only take money/checks that are handed to me in person. I never heard form that emailer again.

I am just hoping that this person just doesn't know how to write emails and go about getting a daycare. but I have a feeling that's not the case.

That's it? Just the one sentence? Not a "interested in meeting with you to discuss further"....weird?!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

That's it. Just the one sentence.

Hmmm. Yeah that's strange. Cfred had great warning signs that all is not legit.

Euphoric !
    A lot of people are sending from a phone and they are so used to keeping it short and simple that it just seems normal to them. What she is saying is I liked what I saw/read about from your ad and it sounds like the kind of place I would like my child sex/age inserted to go.

But other red flags is that she just assumes she is in cause she says she wants to be in. Make sure she knows from the start who makes the rules and that they are enforced and if she wants to negotiate anything either be very firm or make sure you are ok with the change.

Be ware the spammers / scammers for sure ~ they keep getting more creative in their way to scam people out of their money

I agree that she could just be nieve about how childcare works ~ if I had a nickle for every time we had people walk in off the street and expect to leave their child in our daycare when I worked in centres I might be retired by now ~ it amazes me A) how some people could leave their most precious child with a stranger so easily and B) not realize that there is 'procedures' that must be in place this day in age ~ enrollment forms, consent forms, etc.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

I got an email back over the weekend. This family is in town and looking for care for their 1 yr old asap. They would love to meet. Great right, nope, I already have my two under two and can't take an under 2 until mid march. the joins of being with an agency.

I emailed back with this info and asked if they still wanted to meet. just in case they couldn't find a spot between now and then. I still have not heard back and I don't think I will.

Euphoric !
    Have you considered leaving the agency and striking out on your own? I looked briefly into joining an agency, but they wanted a good chunk of my daily pay and strict Day Nurseries policies. Plech! All my kids are under 2 and I have no issues. Sometimes logistics are a problem....getting out and about in the car, but typically, I find it much better being on my own. Plus, you get to keep your whole paycheque AND regulate your own policies, hours, rate of pay, etc....