Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gross.....

Unhappy Gross.....

I have this one mom who all last week and today at drop off and pick up, sticks her hand down her daughters diaper to see if it needs to be cleaned.

I have asked her if she would like to use the bathroom to wash her hand, she says no.
    I have asked her if she wants to wash her hands in the kitchen sick (4 feet away), she says no.
    I have offered her a wipe to wipe her hand, she says no thank you.

Gross. I can see where I am standing that her hand is going right down into the diaper. So far the kid has been dry/clean at drop off and I change all diapers before pick up.

I could never stick my hand down one of my boys diapers and not wash my hand after.

Its every day twice a day if the mom is doing both drop off and pick up.

is it just me or is it gross that she doesn't at least use a wipe to clean her hand?

Yeah, that is gross. Why not just pull the diaper out???

Shy
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What if the child is poopy? I had a chuckle when I read your post as i would have been horrified by said behaviour. I agree 100% that what this woman is doing is gross. Not really sure how one would stop this but disinfecting the door knob after she leaves would be the first thing I'd be doing...who know what other unsanitary habits she has. Yuck!

Outgoing
    yeah that is pretty gross. i probably wouldnt even offer the sink, just say its right over there im SURE you want to wash after that lol

Expansive...
    Heavens I've just opened a diaper once to check and wore a little, sooooooo nasty. Here's hoping she gets a chocolate hand. LOL

Euphoric !
    She needs a lesson on peeking down and grabbing the front for volume vice stuffing.

Is there where it is ok to simply tell the parent to wash their hands rather than ask them or at least let them dress their child and then run to grab the door saying since your hands have diaper germs on them now I'll get the door so we don't share the germs and see what she does.

Yuck! Why can't she just pull the diaper away from the waist and do a visual check like everyone else?

I had a mom change her son's poopy diaper a couple of months back and refused to wash up afterwards. To this day...I cringe when I see her grab the door handle or hold on to my banister when helping her son with his coat off or on. Out come the Lysol wipes!

Haha...I saw the title of your post (as I'm eating a muffin)...and it was like road kill...I knew I shouldn't look...but I did. That a crazy! Now, that said, last week I went to open the back of a diaper/pants to check and whoa...lovely...over flow at top of diaper...got a bit on my finger....yep....gro ss indeed!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    Haha...I saw the title of your post (as I'm eating a muffin)...and it was like road kill...I knew I shouldn't look...but I did. That a crazy! Now, that said, last week I went to open the back of a diaper/pants to check and whoa...lovely...over flow at top of diaper...got a bit on my finger....yep....gro ss indeed!!
    Ughh. Who hasn't that happened to? The many joys of childcare providers everywhere

Yuck. Yes we have all had the poop on the fore finger happen but that's an accident. To deliberately stick your hand in the diaper is ridiculous and disgusting. I would hand her a wipe and tell her to use it before she touchs anything in my house. If she refuses I would tell her not to touch anything and I would open the door for her. There is no excuse for being this unsanitary. Has she not heard of ecoli?