Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Smile The best part of this job and why you couldn’t image doing anything else!?

I recently made the move to quit my career, stay home with my babies and do home daycare! I keep running into people saying “why would you do that?”, or “you worked so hard to get your career, why give it up to watch babies”, or “wow…you’re braver than I am”, or “I could never do that”….It’s so frustrating since I already had some doubt and when people say things like that, it does make me feel aweful…like this job isn’t as good as another! I think it is the BEST job, I am only in my second week and I have so much more respect for other daycare ladies!! But I need a little pick me up and would love to know why YOU love this job!!? I already love the fact that I AM the one home with my kids, even when it is busy and I have lots of other little ones to tend to, at least I can still lovingly talk to my children and they know I am there for them. I love how I can scoop them up after their nap and give them a snuggle, right in the middle of the day! I also love how I can get all my cooking and cleaning done during their naps, so when my hubby gets home, the night is smooth sailing and not rushed or stressful with trying to get kids from daycare, make dinner, bath them and put them to bed!
    What do you love?!

Euphoric !
    I love being able to march to the beat of my drum and not having to answer to anybody, I love my commute ..... And my boss rocks !!
    I think I have the best job and my husband is seriously jealous !

I love being able to get up 10min before I start work.
    I love being in charge.
    I love being able to wear my jeans to work.
    I love seeing the kids smile and hearing them laugh.

But the best part, for me, spending time with my kids. watching them grow and learn, knowing that I helped them learn something new. I like watch this with the other kids too, but its just not the same.

Expansive...
    I love being my own boss, having 2 cups of coffee while my daycare kids dance in the morning. I love that I work while I'm home with my DD. I love having weekends off for the 1st time in my life. I love not having to answer to silly deadlines or attend senseless meetings, or being stuck in rush hour traffic.

I love making a difference in my daycare kids lives, I consider it a complement when they accidentally call me Mom.

Euphoric !
    I worked outside the home all my life so I like being my own boss and not answering to any insane manager who tells me to work the midnight shift and Saturdays. I make the hours, the rules, and choose great people to work with or I make them go away.

I love my commute from the 2nd floor to the main floor of my home every morning.

I love going to the park and the library for a living and the mix of being chef, activity director, craft supervisor, gymnastic and dance instructor, and so many other things that are too numerous to mention because no 2 days are alike.

I love all the hugs and watching these little ones grow from babies to JK, then they keep coming back to visit after that so I can keep watching them grow up. I love it that I made a difference in people's lives and I'm not just a # at a company where I can be replaced at their whim.

These are the pros. There are a lot of cons too but in my case the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I love working with kids. I love watching that transition from being totally freaked out being left here, to growing to love me. I love the fact that I have wonderful clients who truly appreciate what I do for them. I love that I have such a pervasive impact on young lives and truly take on a huge role in their social development.

What I love the most is that I started this business all by myself. All my successes and trials are wholly attributed to me and my efforts. I'm a single mother and take immense pride in the successful business I've set up and the fact that I can support my 3 children and a household on my own steam. It makes me feel like such a grown up

I love the sense of fulfillment I get from this job, I have worked many dif titles in my life and the ONLY times I have felt my life has true purpose were when i became a mother and daycare provider. their is so much to look forward to each day when facing children, many challenges and obstacles but 'welcomed' in my eyes. each obstacle is a new one but with the very same outcome undying love for these guys and complete and utter fulfillment at the end of each and every day! I wouldn't trade this job for anything on earth!

I too LOVE my boss! and wouldn't go back to my office job if it was the last choice on earth, I think I would rather be homeless than have the bosses I have had before or the awful co-workers!

The biggest perks that keep me in this business is being my own boss and all that goes with that - setting hours, fees, choosing to keep or let go of certain clientelle. The second part is that I get paid very well for being able to never have to commute, and, as I said, make all the rules.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

If anybody knows about no non sense rules its Judy